Who is MasterCard?
What role do we play in the modern world? Are we an enabler of purchases or a facilitator for transactions? We play a much larger role in the world by enabling those that have no access to financial systems – every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We have the technology, people and Brand to serve modern society . Today, we are a global tech company that connects everyone to endless possibilities, priceless possibilities.
MasterCard Labs is MasterCard’s global Research and Development division, focused on the evolution of technological and consumer trends and the implication of these evolutions on the payments industry. Our tried, tested and proven methodologies enable us to generate new ideas from a variety of sources, and fast-track the best ideas from concept through prototype, pilot and into commercialization faster than ever before.
Team Purpose – Labs for Financial Inclusion
• MasterCard Labs for Financial Inclusion is focused on leveraging innovative technology to drive wide scale growth of financial inclusion across Africa.
• The Labs for Financial Inclusion will leverage proven MasterCard Labs innovation methodologies, along with MasterCard assets and expertise, to ideate, prototype, pilot and bring to market breakthrough payment solutions which address the financial needs of the poor.
Marketing Lead – Labs for Financial Inclusion
• As Marketing Lead, you will play a pivotal role in launching and establishing MasterCard Labs for Financial Inclusion, as well as launching new products developed by the Lab.
• You will be responsible for defining marketing communications and PR strategy for all new products developed by the Lab, and executing on that strategy with agility and flexibility in a lean start-up environment.
• You will continuously identify opportunities and conceive innovative marketing solutions to best support different market segments and coordinate with the product and technical teams to execute them.
• You will demonstrate creative energy and passion for shaping successful marketing campaigns.
Questions to consider:
• Are you an experienced marketing professional who is passionate about innovative technology and its potential to make the world a better place from a financial inclusion perspective?
• Develop product marketing and communication strategy (including online marketing and social media strategy) for all new products developed by the Lab and for all target segments.
• Coordinate all market research and market testing.
• Craft compelling product messaging and positioning, segmented according to audience.
• Create promotional content to fuel awareness of the products and develop creative collateral, such as videos, tutorials and other media suitable for the East African market to drive interest in the products.
• Engage with the business development teams to create and own all elements of cohesive campaigns, dynamic initiatives and compelling content to bring the solution to life.
• Evaluate and recommend conferences, events, tradeshows, meet-ups, etc., to leverage as outreach vehicles.
• Drive the standardized metrics and measurement tools for the evaluation of marketing initiatives.
• Partner with Product on roadmap definition, feature prioritization, and identification of product enhancements.
• Collaborate with the product/sales channel teams to shape the marketing collateral/media approach/market touch points that best target and appeal to the segments in each region.
All About You
Skills / Abilities
• Relevant experience in marketing and PR, preferably with demonstrable experience within IT and/or payments industry.
• Demonstrable experience leveraging marketing insights to develop communications plans.
• Proven experience measuring marketing results against success metrics.
• Proven leadership and marketing project management skills.
• Strong cross-functional team and relationship building skills.
• Proven ability to successfully engage and manage outside creative agencies, as well as flexibility to develop end-to-end marketing campaigns in-house.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and successfully implement measurable digital marketing programs.
• Demonstrated experience effectively engaging the community on behalf of a product using social networking tools (forums, blogging, Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
• Ability to self-start and develop innovative approaches to reach the target segments
• Demonstrated leadership in taking accountability, acting with a sense of urgency and delivering plans with passion, ambition and aptitude.
• Superior interpersonal, and communication skills with the ability to conceptualize, structure, write, and present information to both internal and external audiences as needed
• Basic familiarity with the web application development space.
• Knowledge of the East African market and the current availability of financial services in that region is desirable.
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing, Communications or Journalism.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here