Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.109,089 – Ksh.144,928 p.m. – (Job Group ‘R’)
Qualifications for the Deputy Director Nursing Services Job
- Served for a cumulative period of fifteen (15) years , three (3) of which should have been in the grade of Assistant Director, Nursing Services, Job Group ‘P’ and above or in comparable and equivalent positions in the Public Service;
- A Bachelor’s degree in either Nursing or Midwifery from a university recognized in Kenya;
- A Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Nursing, Midwifery, Medical Surgical Nursing, Pediatric Nursing, Critical Care Nursing, Oncology and Palliative Care Nursing Forensic Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Nursing Education,Nursing Management or Geriatric Nursing from a university recognized in Kenya;
- A Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya;
- A valid practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Attended a strategic leadership course in a recognized institution; and
- Demonstrated a high degree of professional competence and administrative capability as well as broad
- Experience in Nursing and Health Care Standards and programmes.
Responsibilities for the Deputy Director Nursing Services Job
An officer working at this level will be in charge of Nursing Services in Mathari Teaching and Referral Hospital. Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:
- Developing, implementing and reviewing health care policies relating to nursing Psychiatric services;
- Providing technical advice in Psychiatric specialty of healthcare services;
- Initiating development and review of training programmes for Psychiatric nurses;
- Ensuring compliance with nursing standards, guidelines and ethics;
- Compiling monitoring and evaluation reports of nursing Psychiatric services;
- Ensuring recommendations from nursing research is utilized to inform policy development; and
- Training and development of nursing Psychiatric staff.
How to Apply
The details of the posts and mode of application can be accessed on the Commission’s website. Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
(i) Online through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal:www.psckjobs.go.ke OR (ii) By completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission website. Completed applications should be sent to: THE SECRETARY/CEO PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION P. O. BOX 30095-00100 NAIROBI
So as to reach the Commission on or before 24th July, 2017.