Summary: The position is responsible for providing dental treatment and hygiene to prevent dental decay by examining, treating, cleaning patients’ teeth and providing education to patients on how to care effectively for their teeth and gums, and the effects of diet on oral health.
• Diploma in Community Oral Health
• 2 years of experience as a COHO in a health facility preferably in a rural setting.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Strong leadership and analytical skills.
• Mature, friendly, confident and caring in nature
• Develop and carry out dental health education to community and MFK partners.
• Carry out surveys within the community to help determine oral health status and needs and report to the Management and other relevant bodies for action.
• Plan, organize, execute and co-ordinate oral health education according to the identified needs of the community
• Diagnose and treat common dental conditions and refer patients to a dentist for further review.
• Analyzing of patient x-rays, evaluating medical history and reviewing of dental charting.
• Take, develop and mount radiographs required for corrective dental treatment.
• Undertake general treatment and care for teeth and tissue problems using specified equipment and tools and established dental hygienist procedures.
• Perform dental procedures and minor surgeries including cleaning teeth, removing plaque, replacing missing teeth, filling in cavities, rebuilding of broken teeth and removing severely damaged teeth in a safe and sterile environment while providing quality dental experience during the procedure.
• Managing the dental unit including ordering dental equipment, instruments and supplies and ensuring proper maintenance and restocking.
• Preparing and submitting of reports on community oral health services and activities in a timely manner.
How to Apply
Interested candidates for any of the positions should submit their applications, enclosing a detailed CV, copies of academic testimonials and names of three referees and day time telephone contacts to: The Administration Officer, Matibabu Foundation, P.O. Box 230 – 40607, Ukwala Or E-mail to [email protected] so as to reach us not later than 5th August, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be conducted.