Summary: The position is responsible for ensuring availability of the essential pharmaceutical products, ensure efficient stock controls, dispensing of drugs and superior customer service.
• Diploma Holder in Pharmaceutical Technology from a reputable institution
• At least 2 years’ experience in a busy retail pharmacy.
• Excellent use of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Email is a MUST.
• Experience in the use of a online billing system.
• Good communication skills and negotiation skills.
• Customer focused and always willing to go the extra mile.
• Pharmacy & Poisons Board certification a must.
• Greeting customers and taking medication orders and prescriptions, labeling medication, calculating quantities, assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies for dispensing.
• Maintaining pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs & preparing ageing reports as often as possible.
• Maintaining safe working environment and adhering to infection control procedures to protect both patients and other employees.
• Maintains records by recording and filing doctors and clinicians’ orders and prescriptions.
• Generating revenues by calculating, recording, and submitting charges to cashiers for charging the patients.
• Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and other clientele.
• Adhering to the Dangerous Drug Act regulation and ensuring that standard operating procedures are followed.
• Ensuring timely preparation and submission of reports by collecting and summarizing information as required by the management.
• Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
How to Apply
Interested candidates for any of the positions should submit their applications, enclosing a detailed CV, copies of academic testimonials and names of three referees and day time telephone contacts to: The Administration Officer, Matibabu Foundation, P.O. Box 230 – 40607, Ukwala Or E-mail to [email protected] so as to reach us not later than 5th August, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be conducted.