Our client is a leading manufacturer high quality mattresses and furniture in Kenya.
They seek to hire a production engineer to oversee the planning and coordination of the production processes and ensure production runs smoothly and efficiently and finished products meet quality standards.
Salary: 100 – 150K Gross
Production Engineer Job Responsibilities
- Production planning and implementing the most efficient, reliable and cost effective production schedules and engineering processes to meet production requirements.
- Analyze daily, weekly, and monthly and sales orders and plan production/work orders/schedule and processes and ensure execution to meet production targets.
- Review orders progress and adjust production schedules as appropriate.
- Review and recommend modifications to production processes and operations to make sure that production output, standards and quality targets are achieved.
- Monitor and recommend necessary changes to the layout of plant, machinery and production processes and methods for any new equipment, materials or components.
- Review and recommend appropriate measures to control and minimize waste levels.
- Review production practices, methods, processes, equipment and facilities and make proposals for improvements to ensure that they are the most efficient and effective available
- Responsible for process improvement & productivity
- Manages and supervises departments personnel activities
- Implementation of policies in order to achieve the departmental and company objectives
- Ensure the manufacturing of products or goods is conducted efficiently, safely and meets the organizations standards
Qualifications for the Production Engineer Job
- Must have a Degree in Engineering (Industrial), Mechanical engineering or related field
- At least 5 years’ experience as a production manager
- Must have experience in Mattress Industry
- Knowledgeable in all areas of furniture production
- Good at providing innovative solutions to problems in production
- Good supervisory skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject ( Mattresses Production Engineer ) to [email protected] before Monday 19th June, 2017.