K-EXPRO is a donor-funded, 5-year programme in Kenya, which aims to establish the country’s vision for the development of the extractives industry, and a legal and regulatory framework that will promote an investors friendly environment in Kenya. Based on the condition that we win this contract, we wish to recruit candidates who best fit the following profiles.
Reporting to the Deputy Team Leader, the FAM will oversee all the day-to-day financial management of the programme as well as the administrative functions including staffing of the functions, procurement and logistics. Reporting to the Programme Coordinator, the Finance & Operations Manager will be in charge of financial and programme funds management. They will develop a Value for Money (VfM) assessment framework, complying with key performance indicators. S/he will produce financial reports and ensure compliance with key donor requirements.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Define, develop and implement the financial systems and procedures for programme management and delivery consistent with the requirements of DfID. Establish financial controls
- Support the development of a detailed work plan and annual budgets, as well as indicative work plan and budget for the future years of the programme
- Manage project funds, maintain project accounts and submit timely and reliable financial reports
- Maintain full financial records and prepare quarterly and annual financial reports, ensure timely submission to DFID for review and endorsement. Facilitate timely disbursement of funds, including all direct payments from the project
- Monitor project resources to ensure timely transfer of funds
- Maintain an accurate database of information on all financial transactions and disbursements records of all the PMU transactions
- Ensure the project activities adhere to client and DfID financial procedures as appropriate
- Supervise the Finance and administration team including: finance, HR, vendor relations, procurement and logistics
- Graduate Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or relevant field
- Must have 10 years professional experience in financial and operational/strategic management (budgeting, accounting, auditing)
- Qualification as Certified Practicing Accountant will be preferable
- Extensive experience with financial management of donor-funded projects and in particular DFID
- Ability to systematically break down complex problems, complete an assessment of options and propose the optimal situation.
- Ability to collect and analyses data and produce coherent reports for donors and suppliers.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and in a multicultural setting
- Excellent communication skills in English
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here