Job Code : TLSSUED02
SUED is a donor-funded, 6-year programme whose core objective is to provide sustainable urban economic development in Small and Medium Towns (SMTs) in Kenya. The programme improved urban economic planning at county level, improved sub-national business environment reforms, and established an Urban Investment Advisory Facility (UIAF) to support public-private investment in Infrastructure and high-potential value chains across Kenya.
The Deputy Team Leader will support the Team Leader by overseeing the day-to-day operations as well as the administrative aspects of the project. The DTL will work closely with the project team leads to monitor project status and ensure timely execution. The DTL will also provide ongoing coordination support to the respective project teams to ensure consistency and quality assurance of the deliverables, making sure that all the teams are moving in tandem.
• Oversee the day-to-day operations including the administrative aspects of the PMU, ensure that the financials are effectively management and monitored, and that the PMU operations are effectively staffed.
• Set up processes and systems for the PMU daily operations
• Together with team leads, produce inception report detailing the outcomes of the inception phase with clear recommendations and prioritization of activities
• Coordinate the planning and monitoring of project activities and serve as the link between the respective teams
• Ensure effective budget execution and programme monitoring and that any modifications are in line with the project objectives
• Prepare quarterly and annual progress reports
• A relevant Master’s degree such as urban development/economics
• 8-10 years of experience leading and delivery large urban economic development projects
• At least 10 years of experience operating multi stakeholder development projects, 3 of which must be in Kenya
• Management experience of large, multi stakeholder projects preferably with DFID and other donor agencies; demonstrated previous experience of supervising large teams
• Excellent communication (written and spoken) in English and Swahili
• Demonstrated previous experience supervising teams and capacity-building of partners
• Excellent communications and people skills.
• Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter, highlighting your qualifications and reasons for your interest in the position, by 23rd October 2015 via email to: [email protected] using the job title and job code in the subject line. We will only contact eligible candidates for interview. No phone calls please. McKinsey is an equal opportunity employer.