Job Code : FLSUED02
SUED is a donor-funded, 6-year programme whose core objective is to provide sustainable urban economic development in Small and Medium Towns (SMTs) in Kenya. The programme improved urban economic planning at county level, improved sub-national business environment reforms, and established an Urban Investment Advisory Facility (UIAF) to support public-private investment in Infrastructure and high-potential value chains across Kenya.
The Monitoring and Evaluation lead will be responsible for developing the Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (PMEP) and qualitative and quantitative measurement tools.
• Define the detailed responsibilities of the M&E unit
• Establish a detailed design of the M&E system with key indicators, milestones, etc.
• Outline the management information system, define reporting requirements
• Ensure that the M&E system is based on a learning orientation and is focused around the needs of the decision-makers to manage for impact
• Ensure that M&E activities are appropriate and take account of the evolution of the project and of stakeholders’ needs and capacities
• A graduate degree in a relevant area
• Minimum 6 years of professional experience in developing and implementing M&E systems in similar development projects, experience of M&E with development partners – M&E in a DFID funded project is an added advantage.
• Proven experience designing and implementing M&E tools, facilitating learning-oriented analysis sessions of M&EL data with multiple stakeholders, analysis of large amounts of data, and report writing
• Experience working at national and county levels
• Proven experience in strengthening local organisations and building local capacities
• Excellent communications and people skills
• Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter, highlighting your qualifications and reasons for your interest in the position, by 23 rd October 2015 via email to: email@example.com using the job title and job code in the subject line. We will only contact eligible candidates for interview. No phone calls please. McKinsey is an equal opportunity employer.