Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of low-cost, high-quality water-less sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets.
We franchise the toilets to community residents, who run them as commercial toilets; landlords, who offer them as a value-added service to their tenants; and schools, to ensure children always have access to a safe sanitation option.
We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training and aspirational marketing and branding. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community for treatment. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein, which we sell to Kenyan farms.
The Mechanical Projects Engineer will be responsible for the design, procurement, installation and operationalization of the production unit of a full scale animal feed production plant. The production portion of the plant is the crucial heart of operations and requires full time effort to interactively design and implement a solution ready for full scale production.
Mechanical Engineer Jobs Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete detailed design of production facility and equipment
- Manage procurement, installation, commissioning and operationalizing loading, unloading and containment equipment for the full scale plant
- Implement and trial the facility, climate control, shelving and containment technologies for a medium scale plant
- Develop process flows and procedures for full scale operations
- Complete risk and safety assessments on plant and adjust designs accordingly
- Optimize full scale operations by transferring learning from medium scale production plant
Job Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer Jobs
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in Mechanical Engineering.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Process, analytical and industrial thinking, with strong qualitative analysis
- Ability to use CAD software
- Ready to potentially do some manual work.
- Can handle abstract problems and generate a range of possible solutions
- Resilient to setbacks, contingency plans
- Flexibility – able to adjust to shifts in scope and timeline
- Able to identify personal shortcomings and limitations and close those gaps
- Strong autonomy-can self-direct and manage own deliverables and timelines
- Frequent field visits to the production facility in Kinanie, Machakos.
How to Apply
Apply here for the Project Mechanical Engineer Jobs Application Deadline: 15th December, 2016