Mechanical Engineer Kenyan Job At Kirinyaga County
Pursuant to the constitution of Kenya 2010 (Articles 185(2) (186 (1) and 187 (2) on distribution of functions between the National Government and the County Government’s Act No.17 of 2012:- The County Government of Kirinyaga invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:
Mechanical Engineer – 1 Post
Job Ref: KCPSB/ME/02/08/09/2016
Job Group: K
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Mechanical Engineer Job Responsibilities In Kenya
The Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of drawings and designs for manufacture and fabrication of tools, equipment and machine/plant/vehicle components
- Repair and preparation of maintenance schedules for vehicles and plant# machinery.
- Assist in the supervision of maintenance regimes for various mechanical plants including vehicles but not limited to: Co-ordination and supervision of transport of transport activities of the County Government ;
- Receiving, keeping and maintaining an updated full inventory records of County motor vehicles, plant and equipment;
- Provision of transport hire charges and rates; staff discipline and welfare.
- Overall co-ordination and supervision of all matters related to mechanical and transport services in the County.
- Preparation and implementation of overhaul, maintenance and repair programmes of vehicles and plant;
- Allocation of staff and work space to jobs to ensure the most effective use of manpower and workshop facilities;
- Enforcement of quality and cost control of all repair work;
- Inspecting and testing all items of equipment after work; submitting reports and returns;
- Advising on all matters connected with the maintenance and repair.
- Any other duty as may be delegated from time to time by the immediate supervisor
Qualifications For Mechanical Engineer Jobs In Kenya
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- At least be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical) or its equivalent (HND) from a recognized university.
- Must be eligible for registration with the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya (ERB)
- Working experience is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated general administration ability required for direction control and implementation of mechanical engineering programmes.
How to Apply
All applications should be sent by post quoting the job reference number on the subject of the application and on the envelop. A photocopy of National ID card and PIN certificate should be Attached. Applications can also be hand delivered to the County Governor’s office Kirinyaga, at the County Public Service Board Office (Room No.18) on or before 14th March 2016 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity Cards and Testimonials during the interview. The Successful candidate will be required to produce: Clearance Certificate from CID, HELB, KRA, EACC, and CRB The Kirinyaga County Government is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply. The Salary and benefits attached to the post may be subject to review as would be advised by Salaries and Remuneration Commission. Secretary Kirinyaga County Public Service Board P.O Box 260 – 10304 KUTUS