- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Médecins du Monde (MdM – Doctor of the World)
Position: Data Clerk
Base: Nairobi, Kenya
It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
For 20 years, Médecins du Monde has been involved in Harm Reduction, and is recognised for its work in this area, in France and internationally.
Today, this project includes a training and resource centre and aims to become a model project for national and regional harm reduction activities. In the same perspective, MdM have stated working in Kenya from 2013.
Harm reduction (HR) policy: Harm Reduction is a set of policies, programmes and practices aimed at reducing the risks associated with psychoactive drug use for people who do not have the capacity or will to stop using. It helps drug users, their families and the community.
It is based on the understanding that it is preferable for a person who uses drugs not to inject, but that if a person does inject it is better to use sterile equipment in order to avoid harmful consequences.
Program Presentation: Kenya is one of the 10 countries in the world with the highest number of injecting drug users (with an estimated 130,000 drug users, of which between 18,000 and 30,000 are injecting users).
In the long term, it also aims to support the development of a regional approach, particularly with Tanzania, in order to introduce common training sessions and advocacy activities.
General Objectives of the position
The Data Clerk will be responsible of the accuracy, the quality and timeliness computerization of the project’s data, and project files archiving in close coordination with the staff project.
He / She will participate in the design and improvement of the data entry tools and support their analysis.
She/he will work in constant coordination with medical and outreach departments which are the one to collect project’s data on the daily basis.
Responsibilities and tasks description
- Participate in the design and revision of the data collection tools,
- Give a feedback on the data collected and ensure their accuracy,
- Participate in the design of the databases in adequation with Project requirements and MdM Monitoring and Evaluation Process,
- Ensure data entry and management on the daily basis coming from outreach and medical department on the dedicated project’s data bases,
- Ensure the filling in of MdM Monitoring tool (Monitool) on the monthly basis following MdM Monitoring Handbook,
- Ensure the quality of the data entry and their consistency,
- Support the Program Coordinator and Program Assistant with the basic data analysis in preparation of the monthly reports,
- Ensure proper archiving of the project documents in line with MdM recommendations and guidelines,
- Organize in collaboration with his/her line manager monthly data review/monitoring sessions,
- Actively involved in the project operational research,
- Ensure the compliance of the backup recommendations,
- Ensure confidentiality of the project’s data in line with MdM policy,
- Ensure small maintenance and tasks regarding IT management,
- Ensure data entry for managing project’s stock in a qualitative manner and in line with the responsible of each department,
- Translate any project’s documents from English to Kiswahili or inverse upon needs,
- Demonstrate an ethic and professional practice
- Bachelors in Information Technology or at least Diploma in a computer-related field.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in computer-related sector
- Very good typing speed
- Excellent Computer Skills (Office Pack)
- Good writing, communication and analytical skills
- Experience in collecting information through assessments and evaluations
- Involvement in program with Key Populations and/or HIV program will be added an advantage
- Experience in NGO or project research is an asset
- Non- judgement attitude towards (injection) drug use and (injecting) drug users
- Ability to work in team autonomously
- Able to check information, logical
- Cultural sensitivity, diplomacy and tactfulness
- Adaptation to specific working conditions (in the natural environment of (injecting) drug users)
- Capacity to work in an multidisciplinary and multicultural team
- Dynamism, high level of motivation
- Willingness to learn new skills and/or approaches
- Ability to work and stay calm under pressure
Languages: Proficient in English and Kiswahili
Due to the urgent nature of this position, applications will be processed as they are received.