The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates supported by 24 sections and offices worldwide. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates.
S/he will have an operational role providing support to the mission by been ready to be deployed to implement actions responding to specific supply needs (market assessment, launching of emergencies, reception of big cargos, coaching of new staff…)
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
Operational field support
- Undertake regular field visits and provide off-site technical support to the supply responsible in the missions in effective implementation of purchase plans, storage and distribution for logistics-related items.
- Is available to boost the supply capacity in the field when needed (emergency support, coaching of new staff…)
- Participate in the annual planning to provide advice on supply and anticipate future needs, to ensure a proper supply plan for logistics-related products.
- Maintain partnership and collaborative relations with regional NGOs and MSF sections in supply activities, including distribution and storage capacities.
- Lead the relation with KSU been the link between KSU and the missions, cells and DU.
- Identify opportunities to increase the use of KSU resources
- Monitor and evaluate supplier performance with KSU, based on KPIs and follow-up of improvement initiatives
- Seek for supply opportunities to increase the effectiveness in the use of the potential of the region
- Ensure supply good practices at the Nairobi Unit
- Implement MSF OCBA standard supply procedures at the Nairobi Unit
- Support the DU in suppliers’ identification and negotiation.
- Ensure that new products define by DU and technical referents at regional level are available for all the missions
- Implement specific improvement actions from Log SIP in East & Central Africa missions
- Identify new improvement areas and support the Log SIP project leader in the definition of new actions
- Gather field data to better design Log SIP actions
- Assess logistics items in support to Central and East Africa missions, including market assessment and storage and distribution plans.
- Deliver scenario planning analysis in order to make an optimum decision for purchase, storage and distribution of logistics-related items in anticipation of East and Central Africa mission’s needs.
- Review assessment data with mission’s teams and provide guidance and input on the supply aspects.
- Strong Procurement background including suppliers negotiation, with at least 3 years’ experience
- In-depth knowledge of Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Field experience with MSF or other NGO is an asset
- Fluent written and spoken English and French. Arabic and Spanish are an asset
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness and Flexibility
- Analytical Thinking
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Organising
- Initiative and Innovation
- Capacity to Negotiate
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Based in Nairobi MSF office with frequent visits to the filed (40 % of his/her working time) and occasional visits to Barcelona HQ
- Minimum commitment with the position of 3 years
- Full time work.
- Annual gross salary: 3,110,839 KES secondary benefits based on MSF OCBA Reward Policy.
- Starting date: 1st May
How to Apply
To apply, all applicants should please send their CV and cover motivation letter under the reference “**Procurement Advisor**” to [email protected]**.** Please submit your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME Closing date: 8th April 2016 Replies will only be sent to short-listed candidates.