Admin Assistant Kenyan Job At MCK
The Media Council of Kenya is an independent national institution established by the Media Act, 2007 as the leading institution in the regulation of media and in the conduct and discipline of journalists. The Council seeks to fill the following vacant positions:
VA/2 Administrative Assistant
Admin Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Manage the reception area to ensure effective telephone and visitor handling to maintain professional image of the council.
- Making appointments and reservations both internally and externally for staff in the Council
- Receiving and assisting clients/visitors at the reception, greeting them in a courteous, warm, and professional manner and promoting a positive image of the Council;
- Receiving, sorting, registering and forwarding incoming mails to the Chief Executive Officer’s Office for action;
- Routinely perform basic typing, filing, and clerical work as requested
- Performing basic office administration;
- Attending to all incoming and outgoing calls of the Council;
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
Qualifications For Admin Assistant Jobs
- Possess a Diploma in secretarial studies from a recognized institution preferably KNEC, Diploma in media
- Studies/journalism with relevant experience in a similar position in a busy organization;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office to include Word;
- Be excellent interpersonal skills and integrity;
- Good command of both English and Kiswahili languages;
- Have ability to work under pressure and independently;
- Three (3) years relevant experience with HR and administrative responsibilities.
- The Council desires to engage an officer for the position who is customer orientated, is able to organized his/her workplace, tactful in handling clients, able to multitask, has excellent interpersonal skills and work under pressure.
How to Apply
- Applicants meeting above qualifications should send their applications giving full details of their age, qualifications, experience, present and expected remuneration, full contact address including daytime telephone number, detailed C.V, copies of certificates and testimonials and contact details of three referees.
- Applications should indicate position applied for including the reference number and addressed to:
- The Chief Executive Officer Media Council of Kenya P.O. Box 43132- 00100 NAIROBI
- Applications can also be sent via E-mail: [email protected] Or hand deliver applications to: Media Council of Kenya, Ground Floor, British American Insurance (BRITAM) Centre at Mara/Ragati Road Junction in Upper Hill, so as to reach not later than 6th June 2016.
- NB: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.