Internal Auditor Jobs At MCK In Kenya
The Media Council of Kenya is an independent national institution established by the Media Act, 2007 as the leading institution in the regulation of media and in the conduct and discipline of journalists. The Council seeks to fill the following vacant positions:
VA/1 Internal Auditor
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Purpose of the Job: Management of the Council’s finances, the financial systems, planning of financial services, monitoring expenditures and enforcing financial compliance.
Internal Auditor Job Responsibilities
- Overall head of Unit;
- Work with management to assess institutional risks and developing an audit plan that considers the results of the risk assessment;
- Evaluate and verify final accounts before presentation to the Council;
- Evaluate institutional controls to determine their effectiveness and efficiency (systems audit);
- Special audit on specific sections out of management requests;
- Evaluate the budget and assess overall effectiveness to the organization;
- Coordinate work with external auditors, for compliance;
- Determine the level of compliance with internal policies and procedures and government regulations;
- Recommend improvements to controls, operations, and risk mitigation resolutions; and
- Management advisory services as requested by the management.
Qualifications For Internal Auditor Jobs
- A relevant degree in Finance/Accounting from a recognized institution;
- At least five (5) years’ experience in an equivalent position in a similar field and demonstrate outstanding professional competence;
- Possess a CPA (K) or equivalent with CFE qualification;
- A certified member of ICPAK;
- Have shown merit and ability in performance necessary to undertake the challenges attached to the position;
- Have demonstrated high degree of leadership, administrative and managerial capabilities and outstanding competence in the field; and
- Computer literate, preferably in an accounting package.
How to Apply
- Applicants meeting above qualifications should send their applications giving full details of their age, qualifications, experience, present and expected remuneration, full contact address including daytime telephone number, detailed C.V, copies of certificates and testimonials and contact details of three referees.
- Applications should indicate position applied for including the reference number and addressed to:
- The Chief Executive Officer Media Council of Kenya P.O. Box 43132- 00100 NAIROBI
- Applications can also be sent via E-mail: [email protected] Or hand deliver applications to: Media Council of Kenya, Ground Floor, British American Insurance (BRITAM) Centre at Mara/Ragati Road Junction in Upper Hill, so as to reach not later than 6th June 2016.
- NB: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.