Job Title: Accountant
Industry: Media Production Industry
Our client is seeking a self-driven, target oriented, energetic, ambitious, self-motivated individual; keen on a career enhancing opportunity to fill the Accountant Position.
- Preparation of asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documentation of financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommending of financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizing current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Preparation of Audit Schedules and providing explanation to audit queries.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintaining financial security by following internal controls.
- Preparing payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Preparation and submission of VAT and withholding tax payment.
- Ensuring all subsidiary ledgers are reconciled to Control Accounts in General ledger.
- Payment of import duties and taxes and ensuring compliance with import procedures.
- Meeting tight reporting deadlines by end of first week of the following month.
- Assist in budget preparation and forecasting through detailed data analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Relevant work experience in the media production industry is a must.
- Qualified Accountant (CPA (K) a mandatory requirement.
- High degree of proficiency in computer applications for accounting and finance knowledge.
- 3 years’ experience in an accounting position.
- Strong consolidation knowledge and experience.
- Statutory understanding (Companies Act and Tax).
- Financial Accounting packages would be advantageous.
How to Apply
If you are motivated and energetic, possessing the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV quoting the job title on the email subject to [email protected] before 31st August, 2015.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.