Medical Laboratory Technologist Job At Migori County Kenya (27 Posts)
JG “H” REF: MCPSB / 148/2016
Terms of Service: Contract/Permanent
Medical Laboratory Technologist Job Responsibilities
- Perform Laboratory investigations as per clinician’s request and ensure accurate, reliable and timely results.
- Ensure that all relevant records are updated and maintained.
- Monitor and supervise proper usage of laboratory reagents.
- Maintain Laboratory machines in good order- cleaning and covering after use.
- Ensure general laboratory cleanliness is maintained.
- Ensure SOP’S are used at all times.
- Ensuring safety procedures in the laboratory are maintained.
- Preparing of stains, reagents and solutions necessary for all lab tests.
- Participate in the department planning and forecasting of laboratory supplies.
- Ensure laboratory tests are performed accurately and timely
- Ensure proper collection, packaging and transportation of laboratory samples to other outsourced centers.
- Supervise the storage of laboratory reagents and cold chain system to avoid compromised reagents that may lead to false reporting.
- Carry out any other duty assigned by your supervisor.
Qualifications For Medical Laboratory Technologist Job
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education(KCSE) mean Grade C-(Minus) or its recognized equivalent with at least C- in either Biological Sciences, Chemistry or Physical Sciences , English or Kiswahili and D+ in Maths or Physics;
- At least two years’ experience in a busy facility;
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology from a board recognized institution.
- Must satisfy the requirements of Chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010
- Registration with Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board as a Medical Laboratory Technologist,
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010.
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the top left side indicating the reference number for position applied for and submitted to: The Chairman Migori County Public Service Board P.O Box 365- 40400 Suna
- Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the offices of the County Public Service located at Msomi Teachers’ College
- All applications should reach the Chairman County Public Service Board on or before Friday 8th July, 2016.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates and testimonials
For candidates to meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya, applicants must obtain the following clearance:
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA
- Clearance certificate from HELB
- Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department
County Government is an equal opportunity employer. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply