• Medical Officer has to be well equipped with the latest technologies and therapies emerging into the treatment trends.
• Medical officer has to be alert in analyzing the distinguish between the actual and the fake treatments.
• Medical officer is incumbent for the auditing and monitoring of medical claims related to patient diagnoses, treatments and medications.
• Monitors the list submitted by clinical officer claims to insurance.
• Medical Officer has to analyze Company’s response to claims.
• Regular liaison with insurers, loss adjusters/appointed experts and has to be expert in negotiating.
• Utilizing new Claims repository.
• Assess employee performance.
• Monitor data entry and processing.
• Expert in Developing and implementing latest office policies and procedures.
• Supervise inventory records.
• Provide educational material for patients.
• Preparation and delivery of claims presentations.
• Provide cover for colleagues in their absence, ensuring that the handling of their claims is kept up to date.
• Any other duties as may be assigned.
• Accomplishes department objectives by managing staff; planning and evaluating department activities.
• Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring.
• Appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining clinical officers.
• Developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
• Identifying and evaluating trends and options.
• Choosing a course of action; defining objectives; evaluating outcomes.
• Supervising the E-claims.
• A Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.Bch.B) Degree from a recognized university,
• Completed one(1) year of internship,
• Registration by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board of Kenya,
• A current retention certificate by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board of Kenya, and
• Professional indemnity provided by a recognized Insurance company.
How to Apply
Interested and suitable qualified candidates should forward their applications and detailed CV indicating working experience, current and expected salary to [email protected] with the JOB TITLE as the subject by 10th Oct 2015.