We are inviting you today to be part of that team as we grow and expand.
We are seeking to hire a Medical Officer for our Kahawa clinic.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring and providing appropriate clinical care ( medical and surgical) to patients on hospital wards and in outpatient clinics;
- Admitting patients requiring special care followed by investigations and treatment;
- Examining and talking to patients to diagnose their medical conditions;
- Carrying out specific procedures, e.g. performing operations and specialist investigations;
- Making notes and preparing paperwork, both as a legal record of treatment and for the benefit of other healthcare professionals
- Keeping the referring doctor informed of inpatient and outpatient progress.
- Issuing a preliminary discharge summary to each patient prior to them leaving hospital, in accordance with service specifications.
- Maintaining patient rights, and be aware of cultural differences when dealing with patients.
- Liaising with other medical and non-medical staff in the hospital to ensure quality treatment;
- Reporting on-call (off shifts, weekends and holidays) as scheduled.
- Ensuring that comprehensive hospital medical records for all in and outpatients are accurately.
- Providing educational and clinical experience for clinical staff.
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery with a minimum of 2 years experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment
- A good understanding of community dynamics. Knowledge and familiarity with low-income urban areas of Nairobi.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may apply by sending their application to firstname.lastname@example.org Include the Medical Officer in the title.