Q Sourcing is an East African Human Resource and Outsourcing Company that handles Recruitment, Outsourcing, Payroll Management and a host of other HR related services.
Our client Avalon is Rwandan Distribution Company. Some of the products that they distribute include, Fresh Diary Products, Waters, Early Life Nutrition and Medical Nutrition.
Avalon is looking to hire an experienced, professional for the role below.
Position: Medical Representative
Department: Medical Sales
Mission of the Role:
Gaining HCP (incl. KOL) recommendation to drive and contribute market share for DBN brands in the assigned area. Become credible leader in infant nutrition and trusted partner for HCPs with pride.
Intentionally driving Sales through key points of sales channels.
– Convince HCPs with the appropriate level of scientific and commercial argumentation to recommend DBN
– Gain hospital listings to create product usage and brand awareness at mothers e.g. via tenders, rotatories and negotiating
– Call on and have on-going contact with identified lists of HCP and Key Point of sales channels across the defined geographical area
– Analyze & identify business opportunities in the assigned area + develop plan & tactics to realize the opportunities
– Build strong relationships to targeted HCPs & managers of Key Point of Sales Channels and mapping the Decision Making networks in the region
– Carry out promotional activities with target HCPs
– Update competitor intelligence and input into database
– Organize local symposia/seminars with HCPs as required
– Record and report back on call visits and sales progress against set objectives for both Medical and Trade channels
– Ensure that all activities are aligned with the DBN business ethics and companies commitments e.g. WHO compliance
– Attend and participate in internal meetings as required
– Maintaining company equipment e.g. laptop
Internal Relations: Regional Team Members, Medical Marketing, Medical Affairs/Communications, (Medical Key Account Manager, Counterpart for other brand)
External Relations: All Health Care Professionals & Decision makers working in the area of infant nutrition & pregnancy (0-3 years)
Scientific and Technical Knowledge: Understanding of scientific studies & terms
IT knowledge of common MS-Office Software
HCP recommendation score
HCP coverage & call rate as required
Point of Sales Listings, route plan, sales by week
Functional Competencies Needed:
– Territory & Account Management
– Communication Skills
– Gaining Commitment from HCP’s & Retailers
– Personal Development
– Relationship Building
– Technical Knowledge & Application
– Presentation Skills
Languages: English, Kinyarwanda and French is an added advantage
– Selling skills/ability
– Nutritional science, Medical or Paramedical degree/diploma (e.g. midwife, nursing or general practitioner)
– Experience in field force work in the Medical or Pharmaceutical area is appreciated
Next Possible Position:
– Senior Rep position with more responsibility e.g. in Medical Key Accounts, high impact KOLs
– First line Management/Supervisory position in Medical Sales
– Medical Marketing
– Medical Affairs/Communication
Applications should be sent to [email protected]@QSOURCING.COM by the 1st September 2015 5PM. Only Short Listed candidates will be contacted.