Health Supply Chain Pharmacist Job at the Mission for Essential Drugs and Supplies (MEDS)
Mission for Essential Drugs and Supplies (MEDS) is a Christian not-for-profit organisation registered as a Trust of the ecumenical partnership of the Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB) and Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK). MEDS was started in 1986 with the core mandate of providing reliable, quality, affordable essential medicines, medical supplies, capacity building, quality control and other pharmaceutical services guided by Christian and professional values.
Responsibilities for the Health Supply Chain Pharmacist Job
- To manage health commodities and technologies and build capacity of pharmacy staff in Nairobi County under USAID-funded Afya Jijini Project
- Provide technical support to all target sites
- Conduct training and mentorship to all the target sites.
- Provide the necessary assessment tools to target groups for efficiency and greater impact.
- Work with Afya Jijini Health Facilities to set up Medicines and Therapeutics Committee where none exists and help to strengthen existing ones.
- Monitor and report on Afyia Jijini implementing facilities progress in implementation of pharmacy related improvements and recommendations identified during assessment and supervisory visits
Qualifications for the Health Supply Chain Pharmacist Job
- Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree with Business-related qualifications in
- Public Health or Supply Chain Management
- Five years’ experience in a donor funded Project
- Excellent report writing skills
- A high degree of professionalism and integrity.
How To Apply
Interested candidates can visit MEDS website www.meds.or.ke for detailed job specifications and requirements and send application as well as detailed CV to:
Human Resources Manager
email address: [email protected]
Closing date: Friday 19th May 2017. Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.