Vacancy: Secretary / Receptionist
The Macroeconomic and Financial Management Institute of Eastern and Southern Africa (MEFMI) is a regionally owned Institute with 14 member countries, currently: Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Established in 1997 under an expanded mandate, MEFMI was founded with the view to building sustainable capacity in identified key areas in ministries of finance, planning commissions and central banks, or equivalent institutions.
MEFMI strives to improve sustainable human and institutional capacity in the critical areas of macroeconomic and financial management; foster best practices in related institutions; and bring emerging risks and opportunities to the fore among executive level officials.
MEFMI seeks to achieve, within its member states, prudent macroeconomic management, competent and efficient management of public finances, sound, efficient and stable financial sectors and stable economies with strong and sustained growth.
The long term objective is to contribute to the poverty reduction process among people in MEFMI’s operational zone of Eastern and Southern Africa.
The MEFMI Secretariat is based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified nationals of member states to fill the following position:
Secretary / Receptionist
Ref : 092015S/R
Job Summary: Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Secretary / Receptionist will be responsible for:
- Managing the Reception area.
- Manning the switchboard.
- Receiving and directing MEFMI visitors.
- Receiving and directing incoming mail and dispatching outgoing mail.
- Recording all incoming mail including faxes received and
- Recording outgoing calls.
- Word processing of documents including reports, faxes, memos,
- Editing and proof reading typed documents.
- Procuring goods and services for departmental staff.
- Travel and logistical arrangements for staff.
- Preparing event budgets and making payments to staff, resource persons and participants.
- Undertaking reconciliation of costs on completion of events.
- Capturing information into the MEFMI activity database.
- Drafting routine correspondence.
- Checking outgoing correspondence signed by superiors to ensure accuracy and completeness of attachments.
- Carrying out administrative duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Five (5) ‘O’ level passes including English, Mathematics/Accounts/Commerce
- Secretarial Diploma
- 3 years’ experience in secretarial and receptionist work
- Proven experience in the use of computers using Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point, Email and Internet
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Benefits: The successful candidates for the above position will be appointed on a fixed term contract at a competitive remuneration package, which includes a tax free salary paid in US dollars.
How to Apply
Application Procedure: Applicants for the above vacancy should submit a written application, clearly stating the position applied for, accompanied by a detailed CV with names and addresses (including telephone and e-mail) of three referees to be received by 11 September, 2015.
The Executive Director MEFMI 9 Earls Road Alexandra Park P.O Box A1419 Avondale Harare Zimbabwe
Email: [email protected]
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.