The intern or associated institutions will remain responsible for all costs associated with
- International transport and visas
- Medical insurance
- All other costs associated with this internship
Mercy Corps has been operating in Kenya since 2008 and are presently implementing development programs across the Central, Rift Valley, North Western and Northern Eastern regions of Kenya. Mercy Corps is currently implementing a part of a 6-country youth employment program, which conducts a range of activities in Kenya to link youth to market-based opportunities. Alongside this, Mercy Corps’ Social Ventures team recently invested in Lynk, a social enterprise technology startup established in 2015 which seeks to connect blue collar workers in Kenya to employment. Mercy Corps and Lynk recently partnered to spearhead a new initiative called Byld, a tech-based platform to build careers for informal workers in the building and construction sector, and improve productivity for construction firms.
Byld recently agreed on a partnership with a major construction finance firm to pilot the Byld platform on two sites, and is seeking an intern to coordinate the pilot. This will include
- Conducting hands-on research with target users to identify pain points and product needs, and contribute to product design.
- Supporting the rollout of the product on construction sites, training users, ensuring effective use, and troubleshooting on the ground.
- Leading evaluation to demonstrate business case of Byld through enhanced efficiencies and productivity, and worker benefits.
The intern will be housed under Lynk, and report to the Lynk CEO, with extensive experience in the US tech industry. The intern will have interactions with the Mercy Corps team on the ground.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here