Meru Dairy Co-operative Union Limited, a leading milk processing company in Kenya invites applications for the following posts:
Position: Field Extension Officers & AI Technicians
Reporting to: Milk procurement and public liaison officer
Position summary: The incumbent officer will work directly with farmers in liaison with the society manager helping them to make better decisions to increase milk production, give talks, guidance and actual demonstration on the latest technologies related to dairy farming and on how they can take advantage of such technologies to increase milk production at a lower cost.
• A certificate / diploma in agriculture/animal health and husbandry / animal nutrition / animal production / artificial insemination from a recognized institution.
• Attained a mean grade of C plain and above at KCSE.
• Experience of the said field of about one year.
• Knowledge on extension or any other qualifications relevant to the field will be an added advantage
Skills and Competencies
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• High interpersonal skills
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills
• Have demonstrated high level of innovation and creativity.
• Ability to work under pressure and under no or minimum supervision
• Ability to ride a motor bike with a clean valid driving license
How to Apply
Applications and an up to date CV outlining suitability for this position, and copies of the certificates should be sent to the following address:
The Human Resource Manager Meru Dairy Co-Operative Union,
P.O Box 2919-60200,
Email: [email protected]
So as to be received on or before Friday 16th October, 2015.
Meru Central Dairy Co-operative is an equal opportunity employer
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.