1.Maintain and keep all surgical tools sterilized and orderly: it is the responsibility of the theatre technician to ensure that all tool used during an operation are sterilized, cleaned and neatly arranged for the next procedure. This includes tools used in theatre and dental.
2. Maintain the cleanliness of the surgical tool and ensure they are functioning and incase otherwise report the matter to the Chief Nurse for necessary actions.
3.Prepare surgical instrument and equipment for autoclaving/sterilization per protocol.
4. To ensure that before and after surgery, theatre is washed and disinfected.
5. Ensure that all tool required for surgery are available.
5. Theatre technician will call the doctor and confirm with them the type of set they will like to use, if it is available then prepare and make it available for use, but if the tools are not available make a point of looking and informing the doctor of alternatives.
6. Prepare patients for surgery
7. To ensure a patient has been taken for the procedure on time, the theatre technician can appoint someone to assist in bringing the patient to theatre.
8.Takes care of any specimens obtained for testing following laboratory procedures/protocol
How to Apply
To apply for the above position,kindly send your application letter and CV to [email protected] Closing date for applications is 20h August 2016.Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.