Registrar- Administration & Planning – GRADE 15 – MUST/ADM/01/16 -(1 POST)
The Registrar (Administration and Planning) will work under the direction of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration, Finance and Planning). The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of key administrative and policy areas that relate to Administration and Planning in the University. He/ she will be expected to provide strategic planning and guidance in managerial decision-making.
Qualifications For Registrar Job
- PhD in a Management related field and five (5) years administrative experience with three (3) years at Deputy
- Registrar level or equivalent in a University or comparable organization.
- A Master’s Degree in Management, Planning, Public Administration, Business Administration, Human Resource
- Management or Economics from a recognized institution.
- Eight (8) years’ administrative experience with three (3) years at Deputy Registrar level or equivalent position in a University set – up.
- Should have ability to lead, guide, coordinate and facilitate strategic planning processes.
- Should demonstrate ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Should demonstrate ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated creative solutions.
- Should demonstrate skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Should demonstrate skills in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy and developing new strategies and procedures.
- Be able to develop and administer various human resources plans and procedures for all University personnel.
- Have knowledge and understanding of computerized management information systems, applications and tools.
- Should have working knowledge of Performance Contracting and ISO.
- Should demonstrate advanced verbal and communication skills.
- Should have strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Obtain clearance from the Kenya Revenue Authority, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and a valid
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Kenya Police Service.
Registrar Job Responsibilities
- To provide leadership, guidance, coordination and direction of the departments within the Division of
- Administration and Planning (A & P).
- Responsible for establishment and management of effective and efficient structures and systems for human resources management including records management, performance contracting management, staff development and corporate communications.
- Plan, organize and control all activities of the departments under the Registrar A & P and develop departmental goals, objectives and work plans.
- To develop, recommend and implement appropriate human resource policies, plans and procedures that attract and retain qualified and experienced human resource.
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate research, identification, assessment and prioritization of university-wide existing physical infrastructure facilities requiring repair, renovation and maintenance.
- Co-ordinate the administration of construction of development projects and drawing programmes designed to clear the university backlog of capital projects.
- Should demonstrate knowledge of ISO, Performance Contracting and E-Promise.
Terms & Conditions of Service
Successful candidates, for the above positions, will be offered a competitive remuneration package, including house allowance and other benefits in accordance with the Meru University of Science and Technology Terms and Conditions of Service.
Applicants should submit two (2) copies of applications specifying the post together with a detailed curriculum vitae (detailing academic qualifications, professional experience, academic leadership, publications, project grants and awards/scholarships, linkages and community service, e-mail and telephone contacts), copies of certificates and other testimonials. They should also provide names, telephone numbers, contact addresses and e-mail addresses of three (3) referees.
Applicants are also required to fill a job application summary form availed here and send hard and soft copies (Microsoft word document) to [email protected]
How to Apply
Applications in hard copy and referees’ confidential reports should be sent to the undersigned to be received on or before Friday, 14th October, 2016. The Vice Chancellor Meru University of Science and Technology P.O. Box 972 – 60200, MERU