Meru University of Science and Technology wishes to recruit qualified and dedicated staff to fill the following position
Secretary III – GRADE 6 – MUST/ADM/09/16 – (5 POSTS)
Qualifications For Secretary Job
- Be holders of KCSE mean grade C or KCE Div II or its equivalent with a Credit or C in English language.
- Be holders of a Diploma in Secretarial studies or sat and passed the following subjects examined by the Kenya National Examinations Council:
- Shorthand 80 – 100 wpm or Audio Typing III
- Computerized Document Processing III or Typewriting II (40 – 50 wpm)
- Communication Skills II or Business English III
- Office Management III
- Secretarial Duties II
- Have at least five (5) years experience as a secretary in a public or private organization.
- Obtain clearance from the Kenya Revenue Authority, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and a valid
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Kenya Police Service.
Terms & Conditions of Service
Successful candidates, for the above positions, will be offered a competitive remuneration package, including house allowance and other benefits in accordance with the Meru University of Science and Technology Terms and Conditions of Service.
Applicants should submit two (2) copies of applications specifying the post together with a detailed curriculum vitae (detailing academic qualifications, professional experience, academic leadership, publications, project grants and awards/scholarships, linkages and community service, e-mail and telephone contacts), copies of certificates and other testimonials. They should also provide names, telephone numbers, contact addresses and e-mail addresses of three (3) referees.
Applicants are also required to fill a job application summary form availed here and send hard and soft copies (Microsoft word document) to [email protected]
How to Apply
Applications in hard copy and referees’ confidential reports should be sent to the undersigned to be received on or before Friday, 14th October, 2016. The Vice Chancellor Meru University of Science and Technology P.O. Box 972 – 60200, MERU