Our client, Micro Enterprises Support Programme Trust (MESPT), is currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Procurement Officer.
The successful candidate will be tasked with Maintaining the Management and Sourcing activities for the entire procurement function and Execute standardized strategic sourcing processes focusing on value for money.
Contract: 3 years (Renewable)
The successful candidate will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Preparing and Implementing a Procurement Plan;
- Providing advisory services to line managers and project teams on procurement of all goods; works; services and logistical matters;
- Preparing, Publishing and Distributing clear technical specifications for procurement of goods and services;
- Coordinating the receiving, opening and evaluation of tenders, quotations and proposals;
- Participating in supplier qualification and selection process by Developing a supplier evaluation system;
- Developing and Implementing a mechanism for use by the organization wide for measuring and improving purchasing performance;
- Participating in the review and development of contracting strategies;
- Supporting and conducting commercial negotiations with prospective suppliers;
- Formulating Service Level Agreements in consultation with other departments to meet the expectations of internal customers.
- Business Acumen;
- Negotiation Skills;
- Analytical Skills;
- Drive for Results & Operational Excellence;
- Leadership and People Development.
- Business degree from a recognized university;
- Professional Membership in Purchasing and Supplies; CIPS or KISM
- Five (5) years progressive work experience with at least 3 years’ experience working for Non-Profit and/or Non-Governmental Organizations.
- Experience in procuring for Donor funded projects.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge apply through www.altimaafrica.com/careers.php by 5PM Tuesday 1st November 2016.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.