Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is an affiliate of University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB).
UMB has a Global Health Program which is delivered through the Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) and housed by various institutes among them the Institute of Human Virology (IHV).
MGIC is seeking a suitably qualified person able to fill the position of Data Clerk, under the Boresha Maabara Grant.
Boresha Maabara Grant: “BORESHA MAABARA” (improve laboratory services) is a five (5) year project funded through the US Government Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The project seeks to enhance diagnostic testing for the prevention, surveillance and treatment of infectious diseases such as HIV and tuberculosis, and other HIV-related opportunistic infections.
The project is implemented jointly by the Ministry of Health, National Public Health Laboratory Services, National Blood Transfusion Service and the respective County Governments.
Data Clerk Position Summary in Kenya
- Under the supervision of Laboratory Manager / Supervisor, the Data Clerks will support data management including updating and maintaining of databases.
- They will ensure accurate and timely documentation including completeness of both electronic and hardcopy data among other duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure timely and accurate data entry into the database(s).
- Undertake online data entry of samples to NASCOP database laboratory information system.
- Clean and ensure completeness of electronic and hard copy data.
- Filling data for the HIV Early Infant Diagnostic (EID) and Viral Load testing program
- Offer support with data scanning and verification.
- Assist in the compilation and ad -hoc, or systematic analysis of data by the laboratory team.
- Ensure all data (soft and hard copy) is documented and filed appropriately.
- Maintain data security and confidentiality.
- Updating and overseeing databases updates.
- Generate study summaries, validation and reports as required.
- Printing and dispatch of results.
Required Qualifications for Data Clerk Jobs in Kenya
- Diploma/Certificate in biological sciences or related course.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in data.
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheet packages (MS-excel) and other MS office packages.
- Experience in carrying out basic PCR testing for HIV Diagnosis or Viral Load Testing, and CD4 enumeration technology.
- Pleasant personality, flexible, team player, ability to solve problems, work with minimal supervision.
- Effective in proof reading.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently, under pressure while at the same time adhering to strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills, presentation and problem solving skills.
- Innovative with a high degree of initiative
- Organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV to [email protected] by April 15, 2016. Candidates are required to quote the title of the position being applied on the subject line of the email