Job Title: Senior ICT Officer (Micro – Finance Bank)
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Probationary Period: 6 months
Job Purpose: The position is responsible for provide support, planning and management of the ICT infrastructure.
The job holder will ensure that the ICT infrastructure for the current business model and any future growth are properly defined, implemented and maintained.
The successive candidate will be part of the Bank’s ICT team and will contribute to the Bank’s mandate of positively transforming enterprises and communities through provision of quality products and services that are responsive to their financial needs.
The Core Values: mission driven, customer focused, results orientated and pioneering
The role will involve the following responsibilities:
- Clearly identify the organization’s long term ICT requirements that will support and deliver the organization’s strategic plans
- Development and maintenance of a stable and reliable Management Information System
- Establish a continuous ICT strategic planning cycle which will ensure that the organization benefits from emerging ICT technology.
- Advise on procurement of ICT facilities such as servers, computers, software etc. Lead ICT developments related to new applications and technique/infrastructure and be leading in discussions for make-or-buy decisions.
- Ensure the organization has appropriate and up to date ICT functionality, software and hardware in an effective, efficient, secure and cost conscious manner
- Participate in recruitment of MIS officers
- Develop and implement a secure and effective Information sharing and communication platforms across the branches
- Ensure accurate configuration of branch systems to generate the desired reports
- Safeguard institution’s electronic information against internal and external interference and destruction
- Ensure adequate backup and recovery strategies and systems are in place and reviewed regularly.
- Prepare and manage annual ICT budget, expenditure, cost reduction and ensure value for money is achieved.
- Development of all team members through performance feedback, recommend training where appropriate, coach and mentor individuals for growth.
- Keep up to date with relevant developments on ICT in general.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
- Experience in IT within Microfinance Banks is a must
- The candidate should have the following minimum qualifications:
- A relevant degree in computing and professional qualifications in ICT./Computer Science
- At least 3 – 5 years of working experience in senior ICT management capacity
- Sound knowledge and experience in managing IT service delivery.
- Sound understanding of working as partners with service providers.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in handling Linux, CCNA and/or A+, Server installation, configuration and management and network security; SQL and Data base management necessary. Strong understanding of Core operating systems –Unix, NetWare, and Windows NT,& amp; 2000
- Experience with and knowledge of core banking systems particularly BR.NET mandatory including extensive familiarity with deployment procedures
- Able to manage, supervise, advice and provide solutions to the organization’s hardware, software and Network needs.
- Good Knowledge and some experience in Banking Operations added advantage to those experienced in a CBK-regulated micro-finance bank environment
- Performance driven – takes the initiative to set and achieve challenging work goals.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Capacity to lead and manage multi-discipline technical staff.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with high personal integrity
- Strong understanding of operating systems and Core banking applications particularly BR.NET
- Good communication skills with the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to actively participate in team activities and achieve results within the broader team objectives.
- Self-motivated and self-driven individual with prospective personal development within the Bank.
- Demonstrate innovation ability to create
How to Apply
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 1st August 2015 to the
Sheer Logic Management Consultants
E- Mail: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Senior ICT Officer’