Job Framework: Branch Service and Operations Supervisor
Job Purpose: Our client is a Micro Finance Institution that is due to start operations by October 2015.
Working closely with the Branch Manager, the job holder will be responsible for day-to-day operations and administration of branch operations and service delivery.
He/she will ensure strict compliance with internal & regulatory policies, procedures & guidelines while ensuring high levels of customer service within the bank in line with the customer service standards and guidelines
The Core Values: mission driven, customer focused, results orientated and pioneering
The role will involve the following responsibilities:
- Act as primary custodian of internal controls with responsibility for compliance to the internal controls at the branch.
- Responsible for ensuring that customer service standards and guidelines as laid down are embedded in the branch. Plan, organize, monitor and control the day-to-day services offered by tellers and the customer service staff to ensure timely delivery of the services to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Supervise the performance of tellers and branch customer service staff to ensure optimum productivity and high quality customer service in order to provide a range of general banking services to customers so as to achieve the goals of the branch.
- Review and authorize internal entries and customer transactions requiring Supervisor over-ride per delegated authority and in line with laid down policy and procedures.
- Prompt resolution of issues raised through internal audit.
- Ensure that the Anti-Money Laundering/KYC requirements are strictly adhered to by all branch staff at all times.
- Contribute to branch cost management (to ensure acceptable expense levels)
- Responsible for cash and security documents as a joint custodian of the vault ensuring that the optimum cash balance is maintained at all times and Cash-In-Transit costs are minimized.
- Responsibility to ensure that branch risk management reports are reviewed per stipulated frequencies/timelines.
- Work with the Branch Manager to develop, train branch staff on internal controls and customer service and also motivate all direct reports.
- Contribute to the overall branch targets through deposit mobilization and the sale of other bank products
- Perform other duties as assigned by the line manager
- The candidate should have the following minimum qualifications:
- A Degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Microfinance or Commercial Banking at a supervisory position.
- A Bachelors degree in Economics, Commerce, Business Management, or other related field.
- Professional banking qualifications such as AKIB will be added advantage.
- Knowledge of operational procedures, procedures, and legalities relevant to branch operations.
- A thorough understanding of branch operations procedures especially transaction processing procedures is a mandatory.
- Experience in dealing with micro & high end clients is a definite advantage.
- Knowledge of banking operations roles e.g. cash management, customer care, operations etc will be an added advantage.
- Excellent team leadership skills.
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets.
- Good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good judgment/decision making skills.
- Ability to work under pressure as well as ensure accuracy.
- Ability to offer mentorship support preferred
How to Apply
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 1st September 2015 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Branch Service and Operations Supervisor’