Job Framework: Business Development Officer
Job Purpose: Our client is a Micro Finance Institution that is due to start operations by October 2015.
Reporting to and working closely with the Branch Manager, to support branch business growth.
The job holder is expected to grow a high quality loan book portfolio, mobilize deposits, manage loan repayment collections and maintain high customer service standards while ensuring compliance to processes, procedures and controls
Core Values: mission driven, customer focused, results orientated, Pioneering
The role will involve the following responsibilities:
- Deposit mobilization – Aggressively market for new liability accounts in line with the given targets.
- Spearhead the credit function of the branch by ensuring growth of high quality loan book as per targets.
- Cross sell banc assurance and other bank products
- Ensure that all conditions pertaining to customer loan applications are fulfilled prior to disbursement requests being processed.
- Develop good customer loans/facilities proposals that comply with the banks credit administration standards and policy.
- Review customer demands in the market and recommend products/ services that will enable the Bank to compete in the area of operations.
- In liaison with Credit Administration, ensure timely renewal of insurance policies for assets charged as security and timely updates of valuation reports for properties charged as security for loans extended by the bank under personal portfolio.
- Effective monitoring of loan repayments and mitigating risks related to defaults and periodically reviewing the loan portfolio to manage likely problem areas.
- Ensures compliance to regulatory requirements and implementation of effective anti-money laundering procedures and controls.
- Keep abreast of new development in customer preference and advices management on relevant changes.
- Manage customer relations under personal portfolio and ensure lasting relations are established with all clients
- Ensure prevention of income leakage and collection of revenue
- Manage, motivate and train staff under purview to ensure productivity is optimized and level of staff competency is continuously upgraded.
- Facilitate proper on boarding of new staffs through coaching and mentoring.
- The candidate should have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Economics or related field.
- At least 3 (three) years’ experience as a Relationship Officer in Sales or Credit with proven track record for delivery of superior results.
- Supervisory experience mandatory.
- Good Knowledge and experience in banking operations
- Added advantage to those experienced in a micro-finance environment
- Performance driven – takes the initiative to set and achieve challenging work goals. Proven track record for delivery of superior results and ability to meet stretching targets
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Sales / Marketing skills including loans, deposit mobilization and distribution of banc assurance products
- Capacity to lead and manage sales staff including direct sales representatives. Team supervisory experience mandatory.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with high personal integrity and ability to work under pressure.
- Credit management skills
- Knowledge/exposure in Branch Operations added advantage.
How to Apply
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 1st September 2015 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Business Development Officer’