Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager
Reporting to: CEO
Probationary Period: 6 months
Responsible for: Finance Officers, Administrative staff
Job Purpose: Our client is a Micro Finance Institution that is due to start operations by October 2015.
The position holder will be charged with responsibility of setting up a Finance and Administrations department, overall finance roles and risk reporting for the institution.
A suitable candidate will have outstanding qualifications and skills in senior-level management of finance function gained from a similar role in a reputable bank or Microfinance.
The successive candidate will be part of senior management team and will contribute to the Banks mandate of positively transforming enterprises and communities through provision of quality products and services that are responsive to their financial needs.
The Core Values: mission driven, customer focused, results orientated and pioneering
The role will involve the following responsibilities:
- Support the development and implementation of the Bank’s strategic and business plan through allocation of financial resources to ensure proper management of financial resources and assets of the company.
- Manage the utilization of company finances according to established policies, plans and procedures. Assist in carrying out financial planning using projection models and other financial tools and disseminate the information to the various stakeholders within and without the organization.
- Monitor performance against financial plans and provide relevant and timely information to the Board, Senior Management peers, Departments, branches and other stakeholders.
- Provide accurate and timely periodic financial reports and other reports to the various stakeholders as per policy or on need basis; prepare reports for management, directors, auditors, regulators, government agencies and departments including for tax compliance purposes.
- Coordinate with the external auditors to ensure timely and expeditious facilitation external auditing requirement and statutory reporting of financial performance.
- Manage the preparation of financial proposals and related supporting documentation for donor funding, external financiers, commercial financing, regulatory and government authorities, external auditors, and financial consultants as needed.
- Implement policies and procedures to guide the management of the investment portfolios in the bank.
- Provide, on need basis, financial information to internal customers for use in their various departments and act as liaison for the finance department.
- Ensure reliability and integrity of financial and operating information systems
- Assist in the supervision of budget preparation and consolidation of annual projections
- Manage balance between risk and return by maintaining a positive spread between the interest rates on earning assets and the interest cost of funds
- Manage all payments, and collection & banking of revenue
- Manage all capital expenditure and procurement for the bank
- Oversee funding requirements and liquidity management of the bank
- Safeguard cash balances and oversee inter branch transfers
- Ensure proper custody of security, deeds and other important documents
- Ensure that the organisation does not suffer financial loss through fraud and error by ensuring that assets are safeguarded and by closely maintaining and monitoring efficient and adequate internal control systems
- Supervise the running of the finance department to ensure adherence to bank’s policies, procedures and regulations.
- Ensure that the organisation is continuing to meet the grant compliance requirements and act as the liaison person with donors for financial reporting of grants.
- Ensure compliance with laid down conditions and terms pertaining to loan agreements with external financiers.
- Ensure coordination of ALCO meetings per policy and follow up closure of relevant action plans
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Executive Officer and/or Management from time to time
- The candidate should have the following minimum qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge of financial services/Micro finance industry policies and regulatory requirements as relates to MFI institutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting option) or Finance/Business Administration/Economics or related field. Masters degree in Business Administration (Accounting/Finance) and added advantage
- Training in microfinance or banking field will be an added advantage
- Must be a CPA (K) or ACCA finalist in related accounting, finance or audit field
- Member of ICPAK
- Have 5 years relevant work experience 3 of which in a similar position preferably in a financial environment.
- Hands on experience with BR.NET emerge is an added advantage
- Broad knowledge of the key business functions of the industry and operations.
- Substantial supervisory and people management experience required
- Highly motivated with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Good attention to detail with high importance placed on accuracy.
- Able to prioritize and work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi task, working on several projects at any one time
- Quality focused
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Flexible with working hours to ensure deadlines are met.
- Excellent working knowledge of Computers & Microsoft Office applications
- Mature person with leadership skills
- MUST be conversant with the CBK reporting procedures and monitoring of key regulatory and board-recommended ratios
How to Apply
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 1st September 2015 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Head of Finance and Administration’