Job Framework: Operations and Credit Administrations Manager
Job Purpose: Our client is a Micro Finance Institution that is due to start operations by October 2015.
The position holder will be charged with responsibility of setting up an Operations and Credit Administration department and will perform overall Operations, Credit Administration and ICT roles for the institution.
A suitable candidate will effectively handle credit administration function and banking operations including ICT in order to ensure secure and profitable lines of business and a quality loan book in the Micro and SME customer segment as well as operational efficiencies.
The successful candidate will be part of senior management team and actively participate by invitation in Board Credit and Risk Committees and will contribute to the Banks mandate of positively transforming enterprises and communities through provision of quality products and services that are responsive to their financial needs.
The Core Values: mission driven, customer focused, results orientated and pioneering
The role will involve the following responsibilities:
- Ensure the bank consistently delivers high quality service to all customers at all times
- Develop, formulate, recommend and coordinate the implementation of policies, guidelines and procedures for credit management in the organization.
- Monitor and evaluate the credit performance and make appropriate recommendations to the CEO.
- Responsible for putting measures in place to have quality loan book and also ensuring credit and banking operations are conducted in line with internal policy and regulatory requirements
- Responsible to provide support, planning and management of the ICT infrastructure including ensuring that the ICT infrastructure for the current business model and any future growth are properly defined, implemented and maintained.
- Contribute to the development of policies guidelines and procedures for business development strategies that deliver products and services that are innovative, responsive and meet customers’ needs and expectations.
- Develop strategies and implementation plans to improve and standardize all aspects of operations.
- Lead and manage the operations team to deliver a culture that supports and contributes to the financial objective of the business and meets service standards.
- Ensure the operations team delivers all planned and agreed department and individual performance targets.
- Develop team members through performance feedback, recommending training where appropriate, and coach and mentor individuals for growth.
- Develop, formulate, recommend and coordinate policies and guidelines on record management of the organization.
- Produce timely and accurate management reports as needed for monitoring and management of business operations.
- Control the utilization, proper maintenance and custody of all assets at the branch.
- Responsible for continuous processes improvement and cost efficiencies across the entire bank
- Ensure all reporting tools are available at branch level to correctly monitor all branch activities.
- Execute other duties as assigned
- The candidate should have the following minimum qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Commerce, Banking or a related discipline. Possession of ICT qualifications and experience will be an added experience
- 5 years’ experience in a senior managerial level within a commercial/microfinance bank, financial institution or other service oriented organization with 4 years of handling Micro and SME clients. .
- Good understanding of credit processes(Micro, check-off/retail and SME), branch operations processes, bancassurance products and proven track record of deployment of best practice customer service standards
- Knowledge and understanding of the Banking Act, the Microfinance Act and the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) microfinance bank procedures and prudential guidelines.
- Thorough conceptual and practical knowledge of credit procedures, policies and standards applicable to Micro, Check-off/retail and SME business segments.
- Sound knowledge of branch and centralized operations and processes including bancassurance products
- Strong understanding of operating systems and Core banking applications particularly BR.NET
- Performance driven – takes the initiative to set and achieve challenging work goals.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Capacity to lead and manage multi-discipline technical, operations and credit staff.
- Project management skills
How to Apply
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 1st September 2015 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Operations and credit Manager’