Job Vacancy: Risk and Compliance Officer
Job Purpose: Our client is a Micro Finance Institution that is due to start operations by October 2015.
The position is responsible for providing support on compliance related matters and risk management culture in the bank.
The successive candidate will be part of the Bank’s risk and compliance team and will contribute to the Bank’s mandate of positively transforming enterprises and communities through provision of quality products and services that are responsive to their financial needs.
The Core Values: mission driven, customer focused, results orientated and pioneering
The role will involve the following responsibilities:
- Development and implement a risk and compliance framework across the institution
- Ensure that all portfolios managed by the business comply with regulatory and bank guidelines.
- Assist the various units within the bank in putting adequate and effective controls in place to mitigate regulatory risks and to review and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of these controls on a regular basis.
- Establish a healthy risk culture within the business.
- Conduct regular risk and control self assessment exercises across all business units.
- Track and report on the implementation of all remedial action in respect of internal and external audit findings.
- Identify key risk indicators for all risks within the business and to monitor and report on these key indicators.
- Monitor and maintain risk registers.
- Ensure that the risk management approach and process is aligned with the business strategy and tactical interventions.
- The candidate should have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Economics or related field.
- Qualification in risk management will be an added advantage
- Three (3) years’ experience in a risk and compliance environment or related field
- Thorough knowledge of financial services/Micro finance industry policies and regulatory requirements as relates to CBK-regulated microfinance banks.
- Broad knowledge of the key business functions of the industry and operations.
- CISA, CFA/ACII/FIA/FFI & Risk management qualifications an added advantage.
- Performance driven – takes the initiative to set and achieve challenging work goals.
- Strong analytical (Attention to details) and report writing skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to provide guidance and leadership on corporate risk matters.
- Demonstrate good communication and leadership skills with high personal integrity.
- Ability to actively participate in team activities and achieve results within the broader team objectives.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good appreciation of industry business trends including in the macro environment
How to Apply
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 1st September 2015 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Risk and Compliance Officer’