Position: Analyst, Micro-Grids
Location: Nairobi, Kenya (with travel throughout the East Africa at least 75% of the time)
Duma Works is recruiting an analyst for one of our clients. The company is a fast-growing renewable energy company based in Nairobi.
The company has installed more than 90 renewable energy systems, including 24 micro-grids and connected to more than 500 homes and businesses in the East Africa region.
Responsibilities: As an Analyst for our micro-grid sector you will be a key member of the team, focusing on the analytics, reporting, and forecasting that informs the company’s strategic and operational decision making for our micro-grid segment.
The Analyst will also be responsible for maintaining and improving internal database systems used to track payments, usage, customers, and micro-grids sites.
The Analyst will work closely with, and report to, the Micro-Grid Development Manager.
A more complete – but by no means exhaustive – list of responsibilities is provided below:
- Data gathering and analysis on the performance and customer behavior of operational micro-grids
- Completing reporting on payments received and outstanding liabilities for all Kiva loans
- Supporting the Micro-Grid Development Manager with financial models, budgets, KPIs and other deliverables needing for funding and partnership applications
- Maintaining internal systems to track and analyze qualitative and quantitative data from current operational micro-grids
- Maintaining and improving databases on sites and customers
- Incorporating GIS data to improve our site selection and identification process
- Analyzing current micro-grid systems and creating recommendations for improved efficiency, productivity, and cost reductions
- Providing post-installation customer service to micro-grid customers via phone and online channels
- Other tasks and responsibilities may be asked of you – we are looking for a dynamic individual who is willing to help out wherever is needed in a fast-paced growing company.
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree
- 2+ years work experience
- Experience in data analysis and database management.
- Experience in website design and management a plus
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English, both in written and oral communications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Intelligent and eager to learn.
- Organization and attention to detail.
- Hardworking and honest.
- Enthusiasm in working for the field of renewable energy.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, with exceptional Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Flexible and eager to lend a hand wherever needed, even if a specific task may fall outside the core job description.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV to [email protected]
As the subject line of your email, write “Analyst 1870” and please make sure to include your Name and Phone number in the message body.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for applications: 25th September 2015
When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.