SMEP Microfinance Bank Limited, a Christian based bank regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the positions of:
Ref: BRM/3/7/HRD/2015The main purpose for the job is to provide leadership and development of business at the branch into high level performance through proper supervision and maintenance of a healthy portfolio through ensure compliance with the lending policies and procedures in the bank.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure growth in volume of the Portfolio
- Responsible for loan and accounts authorization
- Chairing branch credit committee
- Liaison with the stakeholders / relationship management
- Management of branch staff
- Manage operational branch costs to ensure that cost to income ratios is maintained to acceptable threshold levels
- Ensuring adequate appraisal of loans and adherence to set policies and procedures
- Mobilize deposits to exceed branch targets.
- Oversee 100% compliance to the bank policy and procedures.
- Champion customer acquisition and retention at the branch level.
- Promote the bank’s corporate image at the branch level.
- Ensure periodic reports are submitted to the regional manager
- Understand and provide clear direction to the branch based on market intelligence and local area customer trends and competitor offering
- Advising management of branch growth strategies and any other relevant decisions
- Facilitate the formulation, implementation, review and ensure compliance to credit strategies,
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned/directed by management from time to time
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business management, Banking, Finance or Economics an MBA will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years working experience in a banking environment in a credit or financial institution, two of which must have been in a supervisory role
- Computer literacy and relevant accounting or portfolio management package proficiency especially T-24 Emerge
- Aged 30-40 years
- Applicants must be committed Christians
- Other Key Skills: Posses demonstrable leadership skills and business management skills, excellent public relations and communication, good interpersonal skills, a team player and aggressive
How to Apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.