Job Title: Internal Auditor
Salary: 80-100K+ Medical Cover + Pension + Internal and External Training
Reporting to CEO
Our client is a fast growing micro-finance banking institution located in Nairobi.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain internal control systems by updating audit programs and questionnaires; recommending new policies and procedures.
- Prepare and ensure audit plan delivery through audit reviews
- Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation
- Conduct risk assessment of assigned department or functional area in established/required timeline
- Establish risk-based audit programs and complete audit work-papers by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Communicate audit findings by preparing a final report; discussing findings with management and the auditors
- Prepare special audit and control reports by collecting, analysing and summarizing operating information and trends
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provide consolidated reporting, inclusive of an overall audit profile, ensuring that major risks are identified and reported to the Audit Committee on risk hotspots, measures and recommendations
- Appraise adequacy of internal control systems by completing audit questionnaires
- Follow-up on outstanding audit issues and conduct staff training on audit areas and programs geared towards raising level of compliance.
- Generate management, audit committee and regulator reports
Key Skills and Competencies.
- Degree in Business/Finance/Accounting or related field
- Professional qualifications e.g. CPA/ACCA/CFA/ACII/FIA/FFA
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an audit function in a CBK registered institution
- Knowledge of IFRS guidelines and ISA rules
- Experience in financial auditing is an added advantage
- Knowledge of Central Bank of Kenya Regulatory Rules
- Strong analytical skills
- Proper and organized documentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Certificate of good conduct
- Credit Reference Bureau Clearance Certificate
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Internal Auditor – Microfinance Bank) to [email protected] before Monday 19th December 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted