Microfinance Internship in Kenya
Business cash Advance limited is a non-deposit taking microfinance institution based in Thika Town. We offer short loan products to traders based in the informal markets. Due our rapid expansion, we are seeking the services of intern marketers to push our products in our new branch in Juja and other upcoming branches.
- a) Through field contact undertake product marketing and encourage new potential clients to seek BCA’s financial services.
- b) Makes appraisal visits to individuals in their businesses and residential. No loan is disbursed without business/home visit.
- c) Answers client questions and helps them complete loan applications and business plans and ensures all necessary loan processing documents are verified and attached.
- d) Processes loan applications by verifying necessary information and makes recommendation for loan processing for the customers who have met the minimum lending parameters as per the policy.
- e) Informs loan applicants of the decisions of the head office.
- f) Where the loan is approved, prompt feedback to be given to the clients including the expected payment date and amount.
- g) Ensures repayments are made as per the loan schedule and the payment is done through BCA pay bill, till number or bank accounts. For the clients who have not made payments, ensure that this is followed up and report tabled and discussed with the Branch manager / or Head of Business on the same day.
- h) Regularly tracks upcoming payments and reminds the clients on the repayment.
- i) Periodically visits businesses to assist clients with technical advice, answer questions and verify the economic standing of the enterprise. You should know all the businesses of your clients.
- j) Closely monitors loans in arrears and, through loan guarantors and peer pressure, solve loan repayment related problems.
- k) Undertakes clients’ orientation sessions and workshops as necessary.
- l) Ensure that all policies and procedures governing financial services are adhered to.
- m) Ensure correct documentation and filing of the appropriate loans processing documentation, ensure all files have requisite signatures; all communications are filed.
- n) Ensure that reports are made on time and targets set are met.
- o) Perform any other related duty as may be assigned by the Head of Business and or his assignee.
The ideal candidate should meet the following requirements
- Holds a diploma in a business related field
- Be a self-driven individual and able to meet set targets and work in the informal market
- Be a team player
- Excellent written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Have passion to work in the microfinance sector
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to interact with all types of demographics of people
If you feel that you are the right candidate for the job, please send your CV and scanned academic certificates to: [email protected] on or before 15th April 2018.