Job Title: Head of Treasury
Profile Introduction: Our client, a leading microfinance bank seeks to recruit a self-driven individual to fill the position of Head of Treasury.
The successful candidate will be tasked with providing efficient and effective delivery of the full range of treasury products and effectively lead the Assets Liability Management (ALM) to achieve the desired business growth and profitability targets.
The successful candidate will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Plan, manage and execute strategies to ensure Treasury performance targets are delivered;
- Lead and manage the Treasury, Forex and Inter-Banking Lending Function teams;
- Ensure that the bank credit limits with counterparties are observed to ensure that all the Bankâ€™s interests are protected at all times and financial targets are met;
- Build, foster and maintain relationships with counterparties for expanded business opportunities;
- Develop and execute strategies for investment of surplus funds in treasury bills, bonds and other money market instruments;
- Ensure that the Bank meets all liquidity requirements and that proper contingency plans are in place to address excess and deficient liquidity incidences in line with the Bank policy and Procedures;
- Develop innovative treasury products that will enable the bank grow itsâ€™ money market and foreign exchange volumes and revenues;
- Actively identify and market clients with potential to grow revenues;
- Participate in Management meeting.
- Commercial Acumen;
- Leadership Ability & People Development;
- Drive for Execution;
- Operational Excellence;
- Customer Focus.
- University business degree from a recognized institution preferably in Economics, Finance, Statistics or Commerce;
- Professional Certification e.g. CPA / ACCA, ACI (Financial Markets Association);
- 8 years working experience, 3 of which must have been in a senior role within the Treasury function;
- Skills in dealing, financial analysis and knowledge of financial markets.
Â Â Â How to Apply
Â Â Â
Â If you are qualified and up to the challenge apply through www.altimaafrica.com/careers.php.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.