Closing date: 11 Nov 2016
Passionate about developing and implementing solutions for hidden hunger, the Micronutrient Initiative (MI) works in partnership with governments, the private sector and civil society organizations to address micronutrient deficiency and related health and nutrition problems in underserved populations. Governed by an international Board of Directors, MI works in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, and Latin America and reaches 500 million people in 70 countries. With headquarters in Ottawa, Canada MI maintains regional offices in New Delhi, India and soon Nairobi, Kenya that manage our country offices in Asia and Africa.
As we begin staffing our Africa Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya we are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to fill the following position based in Nairobi.
KENRO- 14 – Executive Assistant
Overall Purpose/Broad Function
To provide effective and efficient administrative and organisational support primarily to the Regional Director but also to the Deputy Regional Directors, while contributing to the effective and efficient management of administrative systems for the office in general.
Education and Experience
• College degree from a recognized university in Administration/Office management/Secretarial services or related field with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar position
• College diploma or certificate in Administration/Office management/Secretarial services plus 8 years’ experience in a similar position.
• Experience working for an international organization, an asset
Skills & Abilities
• Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good communication skills
• Good organizational skills (planning and organizing work)
• Ability to work with sensitive information in a professional and confidential manner
• Ability to work independently
• Attention to detail oriented
• Good skills in taking minutes and notes
• Fluency in English
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our website at www.micronutrient.org/careers for a complete job description. Please send a full CV and cover letter by e-mail to [email protected] by Friday November 11, 2016 quoting the corresponding job number in the subject line. Please note that this position is based in Nairobi, Kenya and Kenyan Nationals are encouraged to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls please. Although we thank all applicants who apply, only those under consideration will be contacted.