Closing date: 11 Nov 2016
Passionate about developing and implementing solutions for hidden hunger, the Micronutrient Initiative (MI) works in partnership with governments, the private sector and civil society organizations to address micronutrient deficiency and related health and nutrition problems in underserved populations. Governed by an international Board of Directors, MI works in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, and Latin America and reaches 500 million people in 70 countries. With headquarters in Ottawa, Canada MI maintains regional offices in New Delhi, India and soon Nairobi, Kenya that manage our country offices in Asia and Africa.
As we begin staffing our Africa Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya we are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to fill the following position based in Nairobi.
KENRO- 01 – Finance Director, Africa
Overall Purpose/Broad Function
The overall purpose of the position is to lead the finance and administration function including accounting, administration, budgeting, reporting and IT requirements for the Africa region in close coordination with the Finance and Administration Unit at HQ.
Education and Experience
• Masters in Commerce with at least 10 years accounting experience and a minimum of 5 years in a senior financial management position in the development sector.
• Professional accounting designation (i.e. Chartered Accountant)
• Experience working with foreign currencies and foreign accounting practices
• Experience in budgeting and budget management as well as donor reporting
Skills & Abilities
• Ability to control and manage financial policy and procedures and good practices/systems
• Solid knowledge of accounting software, MS Dynamics GP (Great Plains) an asset
• Solid knowledge of MS Office
• Solid knowledge of IT systems
• Knowledge of data bases
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment and cultural sensitivity
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams as well as work as a member of a team
• Capacity to coach employees
• Sound management skills, both financial and human resources
• Solid planning and organizational abilities
• Problem solving
• Ability to work under pressure
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our website at www.micronutrient.org/careers for a complete job description. Please send a full CV and cover letter by e-mail to [email protected] by Friday November 11, 2016 quoting the corresponding job number in the subject line. Please note that this position is based in Nairobi, Kenya and Kenyan Nationals are encouraged to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls please. Although we thank all applicants who apply, only those under consideration will be contacted.