Organization: Micronutrient Initiative
Closing date: 11 Nov 2016
Passionate about developing and implementing solutions for hidden hunger, the Micronutrient Initiative (MI) works in partnership with governments, the private sector and civil society organizations to address micronutrient deficiency and related health and nutrition problems in underserved populations. Governed by an international Board of Directors, MI works in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, and Latin America and reaches 500 million people in 70 countries. With headquarters in Ottawa, Canada MI maintains regional offices in New Delhi, India and soon Nairobi, Kenya that manage our country offices in Asia and Africa.
As we begin staffing our Africa Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya we are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to fill the following position based in Nairobi.
KENRO- 07 – Finance Officer, Africa
Overall Purpose/Broad Function
The Finance Officer is responsible for operational accounting for the 4 Country offices, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Tanzania, including review of monthly financial reports and operational payments.
Education and Experience
• Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Commerce with at least five years of working experience in finance, preferably in the development sector;
• Professional qualification in accountancy such as ACCA or Certified Public Accountant
Skills & Abilities
• Skills in financial management and administration skills
• Superior interpersonal and people management skills
• Competent IT skills, i.e. Word, Excel advanced, and Outlook, knowledge of Great Plains will be an advantage
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
• Ability to work under pressure
• Multi-tasking ability with an analytical and methodical approach.
• Highest integrity, maturity and professionalism;
• Fluent in English. Knowledge of other languages spoken in countries supported by MI is an asset.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our website at www.micronutrient.org/careers for a complete job description. Please send a full CV and cover letter by e-mail to [email protected] by Friday November 11, 2016 quoting the corresponding job number in the subject line. Please note that this position is based in Nairobi, Kenya and Kenyan Nationals are encouraged to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls please. Although we thank all applicants who apply, only those under consideration will be contacted.