Closing date: 11 Nov 2016
Passionate about developing and implementing solutions for hidden hunger, the Micronutrient Initiative (MI) works in partnership with governments, the private sector and civil society organizations to address micronutrient deficiency and related health and nutrition problems in underserved populations. Governed by an international Board of Directors, MI works in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, and Latin America and reaches 500 million people in 70 countries. With headquarters in Ottawa, Canada MI maintains regional offices in New Delhi, India and soon Nairobi, Kenya that manage our country offices in Asia and Africa.
As we begin staffing our Africa Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya we are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to fill the following position based in Nairobi.
KENRO- 10 – Monitoring and Reporting Manager, Africa
Overall Purpose/Broad Function
To lead the monitoring and donor reporting function for the Africa region.
Education and Experience
• At least 10 years of experience in monitoring similar programs in developing countries.
• Master’s degree in monitoring and evaluation or related discipline is desirable.
• At least five years working in Africa preferred.
• Specific experience with monitoring of nutrition and health programs is preferred. Familiarity with HMIS, DHS, MICS also preferred.
• Ability to write clearly and concisely with previous donor reporting experience preferred.
Skills & Abilities
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
• Excellent presentation and reporting skills
• Commitment to team work
• Good negotiating skills
• Problem solver
• Skilled user of Microsoft Office products (especially Excel).
• Fluency in English. Knowledge of other languages (especially French) would be an asset
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our website at www.micronutrient.org/careers for a complete job description. Please send a full CV and cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com by Friday November 11, 2016 quoting the corresponding job number in the subject line. Please note that this position is based in Nairobi, Kenya and Kenyan Nationals are encouraged to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls please. Although we thank all applicants who apply, only those under consideration will be contacted.