Closing date: 11 Nov 2016
Passionate about developing and implementing solutions for hidden hunger, the Micronutrient Initiative (MI) works in partnership with governments, the private sector and civil society organizations to address micronutrient deficiency and related health and nutrition problems in underserved populations. Governed by an international Board of Directors, MI works in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, and Latin America and reaches 500 million people in 70 countries. With headquarters in Ottawa, Canada MI maintains regional offices in New Delhi, India and soon Nairobi, Kenya that manage our country offices in Asia and Africa.
As we begin staffing our Africa Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya we are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to fill the following position based in Nairobi.
KENRO- 13 – Regional Human Resources Manager, Africa
Overall Purpose/Broad Function
The Regional Human Resources Manager provides HR advice and functional expertise to regional and country staff.
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Regional Human Resources Manager ensures that MI’s HR policies and practices are applied and followed consistently in the Regional Office and Country offices. He/she oversees the regional human resources functions, including: Recruitment & Selection, Policy Administration, Performance Management, Training & Development, Benefit Administration, and Employee Relations.
Education and Experience
• University degree in HR, Business, or related field is required.
• Certification by a national or international HR institution (CHRP, SHRM) preferred.
• Masters’ degree and other professional certification is an asset
• A minimum of 8 years’ of progressive experience in HR
• Significant experience in recruitment & selection for senior and highly technical roles
• Experience in developing or implementing HR projects, such as HRIS, employee surveys, compensation systems
• Knowledge of HR legislation within the Africa Region
Skills & Abilities
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment and cultural sensitivity
• Capacity to coach employees
• Sound management skills
• Solid planning and organizational abilities
• Problem solving
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to maintain the integrity of confidential information
• Fluency in English and one regional language is required.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our website at www.micronutrient.org/careers for a complete job description. Please send a full CV and cover letter by e-mail to [email protected] by Friday November 11, 2016 quoting the corresponding job number in the subject line. Please note that this position is based in Nairobi, Kenya and Kenyan Nationals are encouraged to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls please. Although we thank all applicants who apply, only those under consideration will be contacted.