Closing date: 11 Nov 2016
Passionate about developing and implementing solutions for hidden hunger, the Micronutrient Initiative (MI) works in partnership with governments, the private sector and civil society organizations to address micronutrient deficiency and related health and nutrition problems in underserved populations. Governed by an international Board of Directors, MI works in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, and Latin America and reaches 500 million people in 70 countries. With headquarters in Ottawa, Canada MI maintains regional offices in New Delhi, India and soon Nairobi, Kenya that manage our country offices in Asia and Africa.
As we begin staffing our Africa Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya we are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to fill the following position based in Nairobi.
KENRO- 11 – Senior Monitoring and Reporting Officer
Overall Purpose/Broad Function
To support the Africa Regional Monitoring and Reporting Manager in ensuring that high quality program performance monitoring and donor reports are timely generated.
Education and Experience
• At least a Masters degree from a recognized university specializing in Monitoring and Evaluation.
• Training in Epidemiology and Research methodologies preferred.
• At least 10 years of experience Monitoring and Evaluation of programs and projects.
• At least 5 years experience with Monitoring and Reporting for donor funded health and nutrition programs
• Familiarity with HMIS, DHS, MICS is preferred.
Skills & Abilities
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent IT skills especially Microsoft office/Excel
• Very good presentational skills
• Excellent team working skills
• Excellent presentation and reporting skills
• Good negotiating skills
• Problem solver
• Good spoken and written English
• Fluent in French added advantage
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our website at www.micronutrient.org/careers for a complete job description. Please send a full CV and cover letter by e-mail to [email protected] by Friday November 11, 2016 quoting the corresponding job number in the subject line. Please note that this position is based in Nairobi, Kenya and Kenyan Nationals are encouraged to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls please. Although we thank all applicants who apply, only those under consideration will be contacted.