Republic of Kenya
County Government of MigoriOffice of the County Public Service Board
Migori County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions as per the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and the County Government Act No.17 of 2012.
Director, Internal Audit
One (1) Post
Ref: MCPSB 107/2015
Reporting to the County Audit Committee, the Director Internal Audit will be responsible for advising the County management on risks and the adequacy of internal control systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing the existing internal control systems, manuals and procedures and advising the management accordingly;
- Carrying out independent assessments of development operational risks to ensure efficient and effective use of county resources;
- Assessing compliance with county policies, procedures and regulations;
- Developing and implementing audit plans, programs and tests ;
- Assisting in ensuring efficient use of county accounting assets and safeguarding against loss;
- Preparation of periodical reports for the county audit committee regarding the reliance of existing internal control systems;
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for Appointment
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Be a holder of Bachelors Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance or Business Administration from a recognized university;
- Masters degree in Business Administration is an added advantage;
- Certified Public Accountants CPA(K) or its equivalent professional qualifications from a recognized Institution;
- Must be a member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAK);
- At least five (5) years on experience in audit function at a senior management level;
- Demonstrated a high degree of professional competence in managing internal audit functions;
- Proficiency in the use of word processing and spreadsheet software, word and excel;
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Terms of Service: Permanent / Contract
How to Apply
1. All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the top left side indicating the reference number for position applied for and addressed to:
Migori County Public Service Board
P.O Box 365- 40400
2. Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the offices of the Migori County Public Service Board located at Msomi Teachers’ College in Migori County.
3. All applications should reach the Chairman Migori County Public Service Board on or before Friday 21st August, 2015.
4. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original Identity Cards, Academic and Professional Certificates and testimonials.
5. For candidates to meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, applicants must obtain the following clearance:
Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA
Clearance Certificate from HELB
Clearance Certificate from Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (EACC)
Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
Women, People With Disabilities(PWD’s) and Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply,
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification;
Migori County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer.