Medical Specialists Job At Migori County JG “Q/R” (4 Posts)
Medical Specialists Job Responsibilities
- Be part of team of surgeons within Department of surgery and reporting to the Head of Department,
- Be involved in clinical management of patients including emergency care and procedures, elective procedures, outpatient clinics and inpatient management as per duty allocation/Roster
- Provision of health services in various disciplines in medicine and in the area of specialization in a sub-county hospital or County Referral Hospital.
- Provision of professional guidance and training of doctors, dentists, and health personnel working under him to ensure maintenance of the highest standards of health care in the hospital.
- Application of the principles and procedures of the modern medicine in preventing, diagnosing, caring for and treating illness, injury using specialized testing, and diagnostic, medical and psychological techniques,
- Supervision of the implementation of the care and treatment plans by other medical personnel,
- Conducting education and research activities
- Ensure effective work planning, performance management and professional development
- Setting of standards and ensuring they are enforced
- Ensure staff continuing medical education,
- Participate in the teaching, training of medical officers, interns, registrars clinical officers and other staff in the department,
- Ensure proper handling of patients, proper record keeping and detailed examinations, Diagnosis, clerking and management of patient.
- Ensure proper procedure in referring patients,
- Be involved and participate in institutional agenda on quality and best practice and any other responsibilities allocated,
Qualifications For Medical Specialists Job
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Have served at the level of senior medical officer job group ‘N’ for a minimum period of three years in the specialty
- Have a Bachelor degree of medicine and bachelor of surgery (MB:ChB) or its equivalent from University of Nairobi or recognized university
- Have a Master’s degree in the area of specialization General Surgery, Anaesthesia, Neurosurgery, Paediatric Surgery, Reconstruction Surgery, Nephrology, Internal Medicine, critical care medicine, Paediatric Cardiology, Paediatrics
- Diploma/Fellowship in the area of specialization will be an added advantage.
- Applicants with Master’s degree in General Surgery, Paediatrics and Internal Medicine in other specialties must have a Diploma /Fellowship in the area of specialty.
- Be registered by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board
- Be registered as a consultant by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board,
- Have demonstrated administrative capabilities and an acceptable degree of professional competence,
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the clinical and /or surgical procedures, patient care procedures, medical protocols and testing procedures
- knowledge of the use of the modern technology in the area of specialization
- Have analytical ability to evaluate and determine health status of a patient and implement proper care plan,
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work under pressure
- Be Team builder and a player
- Exhibit high level of integrity, honesty, leadership transparency and accountability in the performance of duties.
- Must fulfill the provisions of chapter six(6) of the constitution of Kenya 2010
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the top left side indicating the reference number for position applied for and submitted to: The Chairman Migori County Public Service Board P.O Box 365- 40400 Suna
- Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the offices of the County Public Service located at Msomi Teachers’ College
- All applications should reach the Chairman County Public Service Board on or before Friday 8th July, 2016.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates and testimonials
For candidates to meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya, applicants must obtain the following clearance:
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA
- Clearance certificate from HELB
- Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department
County Government is an equal opportunity employer. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply