Kenya Project seeks candidates for the USAID – funded PMI AIRS (Africa Indoor Residual Spraying 2) Project to be implemented in six sub counties (Rongo, Awendo, Uriri, Suna East, Suna West and Nyatike) in Migori, Kenya in the following positions:
Job title: Operational Site manager
Supervisor: County Coordinator
Location: Migori County, Kenya
No. Required: 28
The Project: The USAID-funded PMI AIRS (Africa Indoor Residual Spraying 2) Project led by Abt Associates supports the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), as well as USAID Missions and Bureaus with malaria programs outside the PMI focus countries, in planning and implementing IRS programs with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria in Africa by enhancing USAID’s ability to implement IRS programs on the ground through cost-effective commodities procurement and logistics systems, access to technical expertise, and implementation of IRS in countries affected by malaria.
The PMI AIRS Project is led by Abt Associates, an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
|Osingo Dispensary||Agenga Dispensary||Muhuru H/C||Uriri Health Centre,|
|Suna Rabuor Dispensary||Macalder SCH||Bande Dispensary||Othoro sub county hospital,|
|Migori County Referal Hospital||Wath Onger||Rongo Sub county Hospital||Lela Dispensary|
|Anjego Dispensary||Karungu SCH||Awendo SCH||Bware Dispensary|
|Mariwa H/C||Rabondo Dispensary||Dede Dispensary||Kanyasa|
|Ongo Health Centre||Kochola Dispensary||North Kamagambo||Oyani Health Centre|
|Nyamaranga H/C||Bondo Dispensary||Arombe Dispensary||Suna Ragana Dispensary|
Purpose of the Job: Under the supervision of the County Coordinator, ensures efficient logistics support services to county warehouse and stores besides supervising Storekeeper. They are responsible to ensure that the operational IRS operational plan is implemented in their specific operational sites.
- Provide overall oversight, leadership, and management of IRS activities at operational site
- Responsible for overseeing all administrative operations at the operational site.
- Ensure proper coordination of mobilization and spray operations activities in the site as per site operational plans
- Provide oversight on Property management and inventory control activities at the operational site.
- Work closely with county Coordinator and Environmental Compliance Officer, in strengthening environmental compliance procedures and monitoring of IRS activities
- Ensure the team leader’s summary is recorded in the spray performance Tracker at the operational site on daily basis.
- Collect and deliver all daily spray records to the data center on daily basis.
- Ensure vehicle log sheet is completed accurately by drivers and duly signed daily.
- Oversee the collection of used insecticide containers and ensure sorting, transportation and storage of same in county central stores.
- Ensure that timesheets are signed and availed to the finance assistant on time
Required qualifications and Experience:
- Training in logistics, procurement, supplies and management.
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field preferred
- At least 2 years’ experience plus 6 months supervisory experience in handling basic Logistic and procurement issues in an established organizations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Additional professional training in logistics management or any other relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications including Excel, Word, and Power Point preferred.
- Ability to understand and interpret policies and procedures as well as the ability to apply them with consistency in a variety of circumstances.
- Good communication skills including spoken and written English and Kiswahili is preferred
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Willingness and flexibility to work long hours.
- Builds acknowledge base of each client’s business, organization and objectives.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and CV to [email protected] with the title of the position being applied in e-mail subject line e.g. “Community Mobilization/IEC Assistant” and specify location/ward preferred of by COB Friday, December 12th, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Equal Opportunity Employer: As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.