The PMI AIRS Kenya Project seeks candidates for the USAID – funded PMI AIRS (Africa Indoor Residual Spraying 2) Project to be implemented in six sub counties (Rongo, Awendo, Uriri, Suna East, Suna West and Nyatike) in Migori, Kenya in the following positions:
Supervisor: Warehouse Manager
Location: Migori County, Kenya
No. Required: 28
The Project: The USAID-funded PMI AIRS (Africa Indoor Residual Spraying 2) Project led by Abt Associates supports the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), as well as USAID Missions and Bureaus with malaria programs outside the PMI focus countries, in planning and implementing IRS programs with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria in Africa by enhancing USAID’s ability to implement IRS programs on the ground through cost-effective commodities procurement and logistics systems, access to technical expertise, and implementation of IRS in countries affected by malaria.
The PMI AIRS Project is led by Abt Associates, an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
|Osingo Dispensary||Agenga Dispensary||Muhuru H/C||Uriri Health Centre,|
|Suna Rabuor Dispensary||Macalder SCH||Bande Dispensary||Othoro sub county hospital,|
|Migori County Referal Hospital||Wath Onger||Rongo Sub county Hospital||Lela Dispensary|
|Anjego Dispensary||Karungu SCH||Awendo SCH||Bware Dispensary|
|Mariwa H/C||Rabondo Dispensary||Dede Dispensary||Kanyasa|
|Ongo Health Centre||Kochola Dispensary||North Kamagambo||Oyani Health Centre|
|Nyamaranga H/C||Bondo Dispensary||Arombe Dispensary||Suna Ragana Dispensary|
Overall Purpose: To oversee the management, receipt, delivery, and inventory control of items for the Operation Site store.
- To oversee daily operations of store and maintain inventory system at proper levels.
- To ensure proper storage and identification of all items.
- To inspect commodities received in the Operation store to verify quality and quantity of items delivered.
- To keep track of receipts, records and withdrawals of all IRS related commodities in the Operation store.
- Follow up on supply requests from Warehouse and liaise with the Warehouse Manager to monitor progress.
- Coordinate with the security guard on tracking movement of persons in the stores.
- Ensure proper material and equipment storage to avoid damages and ensure rotation of short shelf life items.
Required qualifications and Experience:
- Completion of certificate or diploma level in relevant field.
- At least 6 months experience working as a stores assistant desired.
- A certificate of good conduct may be required.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication skills including spoken and written English and Kiswahili, local languages are an added advantage.
- Additional professional training in procurement and logistics management preferred
- Knowledge of USAID procurement policies and regulations a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and procurement software;
- Ability to build effective relationships with all clients, peers, and stakeholders
- Culturally astute, respectful and tolerant
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and CV to [email protected] with the title of the position being applied in e-mail subject line e.g. “Community Mobilization/IEC Assistant” and specify location/ward preferred of by COB Friday, December 12th, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Equal Opportunity Employer: As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.