Republic of Kenya
County Government of MigoriOffice of the County Public Service Board
Migori County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions as per the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and the County Government Act No.17 of 2012.
Deputy Director, Supply Chain Management
One (1) Post
Ref: MCPSB / 108/2015
Reporting to the Director, Supply Chain Management, the Deputy Director, Supply Chain Management will be responsible for efficient management of supply chain services within the County.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing administrative guidelines on the implementation and interpretation of Public Procurement and Disposal Act 2015 and regulations 2006;
- Planning and co-ordination of supplies management services;
- Enforcing public procurement policies, regulations, systems and procedures;
- Ensuring there is timely availability of required materials and supplies at the most competitive value/terms;
- Implementing executive order No.2 on e-procurement;
- Carrying out planning and projection of procurement needs of the County Government;
- Designing and evaluating supplies systems of the County to ensure adherence to established performance and systems development;
- Preparing supplies estimates of expenditure and control of the supplies vote;
- Development and implementation of the County Annual Procurement Plan;
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for Appointment
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Be a holder of at least a Bachelor of Commerce degree or its equivalent from a university recognized in Kenya
- Be conversant with modern computer packages used in supply chain management;
- Be a member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Management.
- Have a thorough understanding of the Public Procurement and Disposal Act 2005 and regulations 2006.
- Have a knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of not less than five (5) years in Public Procurement entity
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Terms of Service: Permanent / Contract
How to Apply
1. All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the top left side indicating the reference number for position applied for and addressed to:
Migori County Public Service Board
P.O Box 365- 40400
2. Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the offices of the Migori County Public Service Board located at Msomi Teachers’ College in Migori County.
3. All applications should reach the Chairman Migori County Public Service Board on or before Friday 21st August, 2015.
4. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original Identity Cards, Academic and Professional Certificates and testimonials.
5. For candidates to meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, applicants must obtain the following clearance:
Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA
Clearance Certificate from HELB
Clearance Certificate from Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (EACC)
Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
Women, People With Disabilities(PWD’s) and Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply,
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification;
Migori County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer.